Traveling With Filipina- Split Topic

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

sounds like Clark might be our choice of departure points as well, much smaller than Manila, and maybe a little less red tape.

I haven't been to Clark but, from various sources I have read, it appears to be by far the worst of the lot for profiling and "offloading". No real surprise considering the proximity to AC. I left from Mactan to HK with the wife last year; no CFO, passport still had unmarried name. No problem. Again, the CFO sticker is required for citizens emigrating to a foreign country, not going on a brief trip. Unfortunately, some of the immigration officers either don't know their own laws or choose to ignore them for various reasons. 

I am wondering if it would be better just to get the CFO sticker, so that is one drama she won't have to go through at the airport.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I am wondering if it would be better just to get the CFO sticker, so that is one drama she won't have to go through at the airport.

Having the sticker will not guarantee you won't have drama. The Human Trafficking laws are general in nature subject to the interpretation, wisdom, and judgement of low-level, low paid bureaucrats. That opens up all kinds of potential problems. Getting this sticker is a pia; unless there was a legal reason I wouldn't. Women married to foreigners are required to get this counseling and sticker in order to change their name on the passport, even if they're not traveling. That's a valid reason, going away on a holiday isn't. Based on numerous stories I have read, I would avoid Clark.

• Like 1