Our First Holiday

Americano
Posted
Posted

Why is her sister jealous? Does she wish you were with her and not with Emma? Well, you can't be with both of them or maybe you can. Hey Jake we need your advice here.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Why is her sister jealous? Does she wish you were with her and not with Emma? Well, you can't be with both of them or maybe you can. Hey Jake we need your advice here.

its a long story maybe some day i may say it but my wife is the last of the girls to be married, she was the one to be left at home to help her mum when she was ill, then after that she was the one to go and live with her sister to help look after her kids while she worked , my wife expected to be the old spinster with her sell by date coming fast until i came along, took her away to foreign shores and we both have very good lifes together, so i know deep down reading into what my wife has told me, she is a little jeolous
  • Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted

I'm glad you found a good woman and the two of you are happy together.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I may have a Filipino background but I am by no means, an expert of giving advice, especially in the matters

of the heart. I believe the explanation from the Boss was reasonable and the background explained by

Steve describing the sacrifices between the two sisters. They went through a lot together and now Emma

is no longer there for mutual financial and spiritual support.

I can feel empathy for Emma's sister. I don't think it's jealousy but a feeling of abandonment after all these

years. But life does go on and I have a strong feeling that Steve has a heart of gold to mend both broken

hearts.

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

thank you Jake for your kind words, Emma is my world and i hope i am Emmas world too, we both have good plans that will help everyone once we are back in the phils, its great to hear them talking or as i put it shouting at each other over the phone, they do miss each other i know that too,

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I was thinking about another thread we have about what our family and friends felt about us moving to the Philippines and I can see maybe a bit of a relation to family who think that they will never see us again and how they reacted. And then I may be completely wrong...! Who knows?

Either way I am glad that everything has worked out well for you two and I hope to hear more of your adventures in life together!

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Its always nice to hear about two people being in love. Next month will be 3 years that my wife and I have been together and our love continues to grow stronger and I'm sure yours will too.

I will share some of my experiences which may give Steve and our other readers some ideas for their next holiday.

A few years ago I came to the Philippines on holiday to meet a Filipina and stayed in the Quezon City area in the house with her and her aunt's family. Some days we would rent a van with driver for P2,000 and I paid for the gas. We had a lot of fun visiting a park in Manila which has different sections that represent all areas of the Philippines. For example it has a very small volcano which you can actually climb to the top of the look inside. It has a rice field, a village, etc. I remember its close to the domestic airport because we could see the planes taking off and landing. I believe the name of it is Landmark Park. And, we went to the Manila Zoo which was also fun. I guess the most fun we had was going to Magical Kingdom which is Philippine's version of Disney Land. I don't know exactly were its located but It was about a 3 hour ride from Quezon City. Actually we went past it the first day and went to a Park which was on top of a high mountain. The air was cooler up their so all of the girls and a little boy bought toboggans to wear. I was teasing them saying do you think its going to snow? They were all a little cold but the air felt great to me. We ate in a restaurant on the top of the mountain inside the Park and then we continued our trip to a beach somewhere. I just remember the sand was black so maybe not good for swimming but the small resort had an indoor pool. We had our own cottage with rooms for the entire family and a grill so we cooked and ate there at the beach. And, of course they sung karaoke which was set up at the beach.The next morning we rode back to Magical Kingdom getting there at about 9am. We spent most of the day there and had lots of fun before returning to Quezon City that evening.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Its always nice to hear about two people being in love. Next month will be 3 years that my wife and I have been together and our love continues to grow stronger and I'm sure yours will too.

I will share some of my experiences which may give Steve and our other readers some ideas for their next holiday.

A few years ago I came to the Philippines on holiday to meet a Filipina and stayed in the Quezon City area in the house with her and her aunt's family. Some days we would rent a van with driver for P2,000 and I paid for the gas. We had a lot of fun visiting a park in Manila which has different sections that represent all areas of the Philippines. For example it has a very small volcano which you can actually climb to the top of the look inside. It has a rice field, a village, etc. I remember its close to the domestic airport because we could see the planes taking off and landing. I believe the name of it is Landmark Park. And, we went to the Manila Zoo which was also fun. I guess the most fun we had was going to Magical Kingdom which is Philippine's version of Disney Land. I don't know exactly were its located but It was about a 3 hour ride from Quezon City. Actually we went past it the first day and went to a Park which was on top of a high mountain. The air was cooler up their so all of the girls and a little boy bought toboggans to wear. I was teasing them saying do you think its going to snow? They were all a little cold but the air felt great to me. We ate in a restaurant on the top of the mountain inside the Park and then we continued our trip to a beach somewhere. I just remember the sand was black so maybe not good for swimming but the small resort had an indoor pool. We had our own cottage with rooms for the entire family and a grill so we cooked and ate there at the beach. And, of course they sung karaoke which was set up at the beach.The next morning we rode back to Magical Kingdom getting there at about 9am. We spent most of the day there and had lots of fun before returning to Quezon City that evening.

do otheres do what i have just done while reading this, asking to our partners where is this and that, they can even tell you how much it is to get into the parks too, sounds wonderful to me, what does sound great is its the family doing things together, sharing the magic
  • Like 2