Proper Snow Today

stevewool
Posted
Posted

it all looks very nice all white , and i even brought a new sledge too, but with Ems at work its not the same sledging by yourself

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My girlfriend has been coplaining about how cold it is - in Iloilo! I told I was pretty sure we had different ideas on what "cold" was. :tiphat:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

My girlfriend has been coplaining about how cold it is - in Iloilo! I told I was pretty sure we had different ideas on what "cold" was. :tiphat:

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ...... yup ..... been sleeping with a blanket at night here in Cebu City and the fan turned off and it is only 28C ...... shows how our bodies get accustom to changes ..... even now in the day time I shut the fan off sometimes ..... who needs aircon ...... :thumbsup: .... :cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I agree Mike. Fan has to be turned off, windows have to be closed as its a might breezy, cover up with a thin sheet/blanket. Could be worse. I sit here counting how much money I am saving over the month of May when Aircon is on full all night.

We did have a little ice here the other day but Dona defrosted the ref and that fixed it.

• Like 4

brock
Posted
Posted
I got about 3 inches last night and it's starting up again now as I write this

This made me laugh out loud Bob....Was you thinking about me ? :hystery:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here is the snow as seen from above(Forum headquarters )

_65579489_uksnow_976.jpg

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

here is the snow as seen from above(Forum headquarters )

_65579489_uksnow_976.jpg

can you see me down there, freezing my nuts off

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Elena
Posted
Posted

We laugh when the TV shows 10 inches of snow on the streets and the whole of Europe has become. We is just light snowfall. Lots of snow is when night falls over 2-3 meters and peremetaet fences, garages and roads.

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

In England if we get 2 inches the whole country comes to a standstill, 

I know some people will be thinking up their own jokes as we talk about inches  :lol:

• 1 month later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

here is the latest news on snow in the UK. and yes its now may

Snow has fallen in parts of Devon in what has been described as "fairly unusual" weather for May.

Winds of up to 65mph also struck the South West coast overnight with a number of trees coming down, some blocking roads.

Western Power Distribution said homes in Cornwall were still without power after thousands were cut off overnight.

Two   inches of snow also fell in  Shropshire and people have been warned to prepare for flooding.

Start QuoteGavin Fabiani-Layman

I went to walk the dog and opened the front door to a blizzard of snow”

Princetown resident

Fourteen flood alerts are still in place in Devon and Cornwall following heavy rain on Monday.

Sheila Coates, from Princetown, told BBC Radio Devon: "It's crazy. When I went to bed last night I couldn't see out of my front window for the snow.

"I've lived here all my life and I've never known weather like it at this time of year."

'It was mad'

Gavin Fabiani-Laymon, who also lives in Princetown, took a photo of the snow and said it lasted "about an hour".

"I went to walk the dog and opened the front door to a blizzard of snow.

"It was mad, it took me by surprise," he said.

_67627727_snow5.jpg

Part of Shropshire saw snow in the middle of May

The Met Office said the snow which fell in Devon was "a transient feature".

Forecaster Philip Avery said: "May snowfall is unusual but not unheard of, even in southern England.

"Snow has even managed to fall into June… but that really is a rarity.

"The last really widespread snowfall in May was 17 May 1955 when much of England and Wales was affected by several hours of snow.

"Coincidentally, Devon also saw significant snow on 17 May 1935."

He said the snow was caused by very wet and windy weather across the region on Tuesday combined with falling temperatures after sunset.

The winds are expected to ease during Wednesday with the weather getting drier and brighter.

About 12 homes are without electricity in Plympton St Maurice, Plymouth, after a tree crashed through power lines about lunchtime and landed on a parked car.

Devon and Cornwall Police said no-one was injured, but the area was closed off to allow Western Power engineers to make safe a live cable and let council workers remove the tree.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-22536139