Transferring Funds From Uk

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
One of their services is that they will order in the funds in what ever currencies you wish

Please let me know when you have successfully done this as they would not do it for me and, as you have already noted, it is a great idea if it works. It would be well worth buying you a beer if you can be the only guy I know to pull it off.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

we was looking at opening a BPI bank account next time we are in london, thanks for the advice

maybe you will not have to travel to London to open this account, why not email them .

seems by my reading that it can be done via postal

.again I had to reread this 2x to get a partial understanding of how this works.

Hope that this can help you SAVE $$$$

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

yes we was looking at this way too, but like anything they need copies of this and that, so its only a few hours away to london , we could have a nice few days there so killing two birds with one stone sort of thing, but thanks for your advice

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Dont forget you are only insured for about 500,000 should anything happen to the bank

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

maybe best to keep your own acconut open here in england and drip feed into the peso account, but a long time till that day comes before we leave, but its good to keep making plans

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Dont forget you are only insured for about 500,000 should anything happen to the bank

500.000? (500.000 php=7.800 pounds? ) is that here in the philippines or the UK?

the RP banks at least the BIG ONES.bdo.bpi.pnb.rcbc.metrobank you should have NO PROBLEM not ISSUE w/your money,

again this is the philippines and a 3rd world banking system... :89:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
500.000? (500.000 php=7.800 pounds? ) is that here in the philippines or the UK?

I'm surprised that you can live in the Philippines and put your money in the bank here and not investigate to know that you are only insured by the PDIC for 500,000 pesos per person (not per account) and that just went up a couple years back from 250000.

Of course you should have no problems with the big banks. But how big is big? Was LBC big?

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I guess that means the difference between big and big dumb azz...

LBC crashed because of LBC Express. Every time somebody sent money from another country through LBC Express, LBC Bank was giving out the money on their end in the Philippines but wasn't collecting afterwards from LBC Express. Do that with a few billion Pesos and see how long you can last. And, to make this even more fun, apparently PDIC had placed LBC Bank under their PCA (Prompt Corrective Action) program more than a year before they went fizzle....

I just wonder where LBC Express put all that money... Front pocket? Back pocket? Lunch box?

:mocking:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

I asked a person (English) here in Dalaguete about a £ account  a few days and he didn`t know.  Last night he showed me a letter which he received from Metro bank (he received it after we talked) which states that you can open a £ account with them. I will be away from here for a few days so will scan it and post it here in a few days. We were discussing it and we came to the conclusion that if it is true the only obstacle would be finding someone in a Metrobank who would Know about the account and could open it for you.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted

Will you be living in Cebu or Manila?     You could open a bank account in the  UK at  Citibank or HSBC  and just do ATM  withdrawl  and deposit to your BPI or other PI  Bank.  Thats what we do.

• Like 2