No Sm(T)Oking In My House, Wtf? I Got A Citizens Arrest.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

seems that a few expats was at a high* (i dont mean drugged induced high) officials house, And when this man came home he "caught" these men smoking some that "wild-wood'weed.

So this person made a "citizens Arrest"

now here is the story

Four foreigners recently arrested by Ilocos Sur Gov. Luis “Chavit” Singson in Quezon City have asked the court to allow them to post bail while the drug charges against them are undergoing preliminary investigation.

The foreign nationals were caught allegedly smoking marijuana while they were guests at Singson’s house Sunday.

Police said Singson—a political kingpin who came to prominence in the last decade as the “juetengate” whistle-blower who caused the downfall of then President Joseph Estrada—carried out a citizen’s arrest.

British citizens James Gates, Jack McLeod, Ross Barnaby McLeod and Australian Arthur Murray Nash filed their motion to post bail through lawyer Elizabeth Macaibay on Thursday.

Executive Judge Fernando Sagun of Quezon City Regional Trial Court directed Assistant City Prosecutor Irene Resurreccion to submit her comment on the foreigners’ motion.

Gates and the others were turned over to the police by Singson, who claimed that he caught them smoking marijuana inside his house in Corinthian Gardens subdivision.

The Quezon City Police District charged the foreigners with possession and use of illegal drugs and paraphernalia, all bailable offenses.

Quoting Singson, a report at the QCPD’s Eastwood station said the governor arrived at his house and chanced upon the foreigners smoking around 5am(humm).

The governor did not say why the foreigners were in his house and who exactly in his family was hosting them. :89: :89:

Suspicious of the smell, Singson seized the cigarette sticks from the guests, which later tested positive for containing marijuana.

The foreigners refused to undergo a drug test following their arrest, the police said. Julie M. Aurelio

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/342889/pot-smoking-brits-aussie-arrested-by-chavit-seek-bail

i will not comment about him nor his sons past drug related convictions as this is already Public record,

here is a link for info on CITIZENS ARREST by DEAR PAO

http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php/dear-pao/39615-one-cannot-be-apprehended-without-a-valid-warrant-of-arrest

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Anybody dumb enough to smoke pot in the Governor's private home deserves to get whacked in the head or more! Even if the Governor himself offered it to me, I would politely refuse. You never know who is watching, video taping, sound recording...

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It`s more fun in the Philippines.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I am with Bob

Druggies should stay in their home countries where there may be some merit to escaping reality.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmmm .... no comment ..... the whole thing stinks worst then dried fish ...... IMHO ..... :cheersty:

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

The 5am is very suspicious unless they partied all night. Even then why would the Governor be coming home that early. Were was he at all night? Its probably just lousy media reporting as usual. Its still dark here at 5am so who would get up that early and go to someones house to smoke? Doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I agree. There isn't enough information in the article to make an informed decision on anything other than it was stupid to be in the Governor's house smoking pot. I would have to see more information before I could say for sure on what else was dumb (other than the reporting).

MrPinoy
Posted
Posted

Innocent until proved otherwise, well I guess not here or on this website by some of you! "I am Bob" you say "Anybody dumb enough to smoke pot in the Governor's private home deserves to get whacked in the head or more!" You obviously have not lived here long if you trust Gov. (sic) Singson, do you not even know that his son was arrested for drugs? Also this story has more holes than Swiss cheese, and more versions than the Bible. Who invited them to Singson's house? Singson? If it was not Singson was it one of his family or staff, if so why were they not charged? If they broke in why were they not charged with that? Then if you check the paperwork you will see the first charge was methamphetamine but that was later amended to marijuana. Then if you check the newspapers one says the suspects refused the drugs test whereas two full sets of drug test results are now on record. How about looking at the date of the so called offence, why did it take so long to make the press? The beat reporters work hard on this type of story and it normally takes 48 hours to make print this story took six days meaning it was probably planted. Check the Court records and the accused should have been granted bail as this is a bailable offence and bail had been set, suddenly one call and bail was denied.I could go on and point out further problems but please can I just ask that we all keep an open mind until a verdict is in or as I suspect the case is dismissed. If it is dismissed maybe then we can look at the other problems with this case as so many exist. NEWFLASH: I have just heard they are out of prison.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Innocent until proved otherwise, well I guess not here or on this website by some of you! "I am Bob" you say "Anybody dumb enough to smoke pot in the Governor's private home deserves to get whacked in the head or more!" You obviously have not lived here long if you trust Gov. (sic) Singson, do you not even know that his son was arrested for drugs? Also this story has more holes than Swiss cheese, and more versions than the Bible. Who invited them to Singson's house? Singson? If it was not Singson was it one of his family or staff, if so why were they not charged? If they broke in why were they not charged with that? Then if you check the paperwork you will see the first charge was methamphetamine but that was later amended to marijuana. Then if you check the newspapers one says the suspects refused the drugs test whereas two full sets of drug test results are now on record. How about looking at the date of the so called offence, why did it take so long to make the press? The beat reporters work hard on this type of story and it normally takes 48 hours to make print this story took six days meaning it was probably planted. Check the Court records and the accused should have been granted bail as this is a bailable offence and bail had been set, suddenly one call and bail was denied.I could go on and point out further problems but please can I just ask that we all keep an open mind until a verdict is in or as I suspect the case is dismissed. If it is dismissed maybe then we can look at the other problems with this case as so many exist. NEWFLASH: I have just heard they are out of prison.

First post and very opinionated. Have you some connection to this case?

• Like 1

MrPinoy
Posted
Posted

"Jollygoodfellow" yes I do have access to some of the documents which is why I am opinionated but the reason I posted is because I was surprised to see the rush to judgment by some when it appeared they had no knowledge of the characters involved or the black and white facts of the case. I just hope justice prevails, all foreigners are open to false accusations if we do not exercise due diligence.

• Like 1