Freeman Article On Mandaue Street Kids.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

this  is  a problem, if  you have not been in the  Phlippines very long,  you don't know what  a problem this  is,  why do you think they have security on Jollybee or  Mcdonalds it  is  not  that  they are afraid  of NPA, it  is because if  not  for  security when you took your  nice  western family out  to eat there would  be  hordes  of  street people  there  watching  you eat and  when you dropped  a  piece they would  grab it  up, it  is  the  real world  and  there  are  millions, if  you want  to help don't  look outside  your  family i am sure  there  are  many there you can help, show  me  a  family who does  not  have  members  you can help, you don't  have  to go looking  for  them ,or  start  a  fund , give  me  the  name  and  location i will give  you a list  of your  family that  needs  help

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

this  is  a problem, if  you have not been in the  Phlippines very long,  you don't know what  a problem this  is,  why do you think they have security on Jollybee or  Mcdonalds it  is  not  that  they are afraid  of NPA, it  is because if  not  for  security when you took your  nice  western family out  to eat there would  be  hordes  of  street people  there  watching  you eat and  when you dropped  a  piece they would  grab it  up, it  is  the  real world  and  there  are  millions, if  you want  to help don't  look outside  your  family i am sure  there  are  many there you can help, show  me  a  family who does  not  have  members  you can help, you don't  have  to go looking  for  them ,or  start  a  fund , give  me  the  name  and  location i will give  you a list  of your  family that  needs  help

In 2009 on my 1st trip out to Samar, it was Jollibees or nothing for fast food. So I would eat there 2x a day. I used to feed the street kids, which can be seen on the video at the charity site listed below my name. The 1st time I told several kids to come inside, they refused and were afraid of the guard. The woman who runs the charity managed to force a few inside with me and both the guard and the employees were very confused. After the kids saw that (while with me) they were not going to be hit by the guard, they acted like kids at Disney.

It was shocking for me to see that such a simple act of going inside a Jollibee was so different for them. They had been outside for years begging for money and food but never allowed inside. But in reality I can see that if there was no guard, there would have been many problems over the years in dealing with kids with the manners of a semi friendly feral dog.

After they got comfortable, they would make faces at the 30+ kids outside with their faces pressed aginst the window looking in! Very strange to me.

• Like 4

brock
Posted
Posted

why do you think they have security on Jollybee or  Mcdonalds it  is  not  that  they are afraid  of NPA, it  is because if  not  for  security when you took your  nice  western family out  to eat there would  be  hordes  of  street people  there  watching  you eat and  when you dropped  a  piece they would  grab it  up,

That why they have guns ?