Overstayers Beware! From Philstar.com

Bruce
Posted
Posted

thus the posters ARE on topic.

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone here, ever been charged and penalised for overstaying. I mean serious overstaying, not forgetting to extend.

I ask only, to see some sort of logistics on the man in the street, not hard criminals.

Sorry if this is a little direct. :unsure:

If someone has been charged and penalized for serious overstaying I doubt they will be on this forum because they will be deported and blacklisted.  There is one member of this forum who was deported and blacklisted for overstaying and other offenses but he no longer posts on this forum because he now lives in Cambodia.

Cambodia? Are we talking about the guy with a rating on philippineSEXpats? I stumbled on it my mis typing this forum name one day and read all about him and domestic violence issues et al?  I think he left this forum before I joined but was living in Cebu for a time.

retired
Posted
Posted

Just as a matter of interest, has anyone here, ever been charged and penalised for overstaying. I mean serious overstaying, not forgetting to extend.

I ask only, to see some sort of logistics on the man in the street, not hard criminals.

If someone has been charged and penalized for serious overstaying I doubt they will be on this forum because they will be deported and blacklisted.  There is one member of this forum who was deported and blacklisted for overstaying and other offenses but he no longer posts on this forum because he now lives in Cambodia.

:tiphat:

Have known one American that went through process . His fines and fees were $5,000 + which he did not have so he was deported . He had first contacted the US Embassy and they initiated his paperwork advantage being he would be free of arrest while waiting the processing of his papers . Took a year + for the papers to be processed and he actually left . Which says to me Philippine system is either back logged big time or voluntary deportations are just not that high on their agenda if no other criminal offences are involved . He was back in the country within a year which also raises questions regarding Philippines databases i suppose .

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Not that I wan to find out how by experiencing it but I understand that you can pay a fee and submit letters and forms to have your name removed from the blacklist.  I'm not exactly sure of the procedure but apparently some Koreans and Japanese are very efficient with this according to some old news reports I have read - they have been blacklisted several times and still end up back in.  If anyone is interested, it should say how to do so on the BI website.