Money To Burn

stevewool
Posted
Posted

if you had a little money to burn and you think you want to spend it on a lot somewhere where you have been and you cannot get back to look for it and see what is around would you buy it just on pictures alone, ie buying it over the internet, what other ways are there to buy without going yourself, i cant get the family to do this, is there a middle man sort of thing, but if its that good surely he would buy it , many may say keep it in your pocket till next time you are here, whats your thoughts

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Steve, Save yourself any grief and wait until you can do things for yourself, Even then you will have to have your wits about you.

Everything is not as it seems.

• Like 1

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Can't be done.  You would NOT believe how fekked up everything here is that is related to real estate.  The wife is working on it now and everyone has there hand out and at the same time they are all lying their asses off.  After living in NY for 13 years, she has NO patience for the bullsh&t here and calls people out when they try it on her.  She just gets the deer in the headlights look from them  and then they walk away.  Of course they call again the next day like nothing happened and try it again.

It's more fun in the Philippines.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Steve, Save yourself any grief and wait until you can do things for yourself, Even then you will have to have your wits about you.

Everything is not as it seems.

:th_thbestpost:

Steve and Brock said it all. My wife is the same as yours Steve although we have family and many friends we love and care for for the most part if ever larger amounts of money come into play all bets are off.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Just looking at the land for this question - how long has it been since you looked at it?  If it's in the Philippines and it's been more than a couple weeks since you saw it?  Pass...  Who knows what has changed in that amount of time.  Even if you saw the property in the last couple days, I still recommend looking at it once more before putting a bid in.  We never really look that closely until we decide we want that land - oh, look!  There's a couple old headstones right where I would want to put a house...  If they hadn't been half buried in the mud, I would have noticed that before!

stevewool
Posted
Posted

i understand all what you are saying, and there must be pitfuls even when you are living out there, but there must be people who have gone before us who have managed to do this, a long time till i am able to get over to the phils, so i shall just keep asking and looking

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

To give you a quick idea of what can happen...

In Nova Scotia while serving in the Air Force and while still single, I saw a beautiful piece of ocean front land in a protected cove and a soft sand beach with a warm current of water that I would have killed for.  I saved and saved for that land and drove by it at least once every couple weeks except for the last 6 months when I was off yachting with the Navy.  Finally I had enough to arrange to purchase it!  Once the ship gets back to Halifax, my dream would come true.  So, the day we docked, I drove out to look one last time and found a government truck depot was going in across the road.  It didn't take long for that beautiful piece of heaven to become noisy from all the trucks being worked on or driving in and out...  Not to mention the infestation of rats that came.

If you can't see it, I wouldn't buy it. 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

All the comments are good. Don't do it, unless you want to spend the remainder of your life in and out of court.

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Do it Steve and I guarantee you will be robbed one way or another, I will bet you any amount of money you want.

Its hard to get an honest deal, Even if you are there in person....think longggggg and hard.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

thanks i am put off now, just for now, tomorrow is another day :thumbsup:

• Like 2