Money To Burn

GregZ
Posted
Posted

Everyone has different results here and yours may vary.  :tiphat:   There are so many variables involved that YOU are the only one that can decide if, when & what.  Location and the folks that would have to deal with varies SO MUCH here.  Just my opinion; I would NEVER try anything of the sort around Manila for example.  Of course there may be exceptions, but so far I feel uncomfortable with the attitudes here. 

Back in Cebu I entered into an 'arrangement'. In the end I expect that I will slightly over-pay but the property will become ours and it is beautiful & well worth it.  So far I have only put out 20k pesos and have access and full use of the property if I want it.  Full price is 160k for wood house with block foundation and 50 meters to the beach.  I have now visited it and WoW... I know why she wants it.

To even consider starting the transaction I had to be totally insane as I had not even visited the property nor seen a location on a map & NO PICTURES even.  I merely trusted my wife because she had been there, wanted the property, and wanted to help out a woman with a terminal husband during the holidays.  Who could say no???  In the end IF things don't go right I will be out $4,000 US in exchange for her faith in me and some 'heaven' points for helping out the, now, widow.

In SUMMARY, while I did this I recommend NEVER TRY ANYTHING OF THE LIKE EVEN IF YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL unless you want to. :541:  Just don't wine if you go into something like that with your eyes open and come up a bit short of expectations. :th_hu:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Steve, you will find something you'll truly enjoy once you get there and see with your own eyes. Finding a property is not impossible but it will take time. Honest correct titles, squatters and hard feeling among family members are just some of the things you could come across. There are honest folks and good deals but finding them is the key.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

again great comments lads, it cost me nothing to look and thats all i will do until the time comes for me to say thats it i want this or we are going here

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

if you had a little money to burn and you think you want to spend it on a lot somewhere where you have been and you cannot get back to look for it and see what is around would you buy it just on pictures alone, ie buying it over the internet, what other ways are there to buy without going yourself, i cant get the family to do this, is there a middle man sort of thing, but if its that good surely he would buy it , many may say keep it in your pocket till next time you are here, whats your thoughts

Even IF the ad show correct, it can be good to check in place too, because it can be good to know e g if a neighbour is a garbage dump or a loud karaoke bar...    :hystery:

Plus you need to check:

/Is tax paid. New owner is responsible for OLD unpaid taxes too!!!

/Is the land security for a loan.

Who would use it anyway, before you get there, if the family isn't interested and you are not there yet?  :)

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

My wife and I looked at many lots for about 1 1/2 years until we finally found one that we believe can be legally purchased. Most people trying to sell lots can't even prove that they are the real owners.

• Like 2