Nipa Or Bricks

stevewool
Posted
Posted

looking at some pictures and property for sale and i came across a beautiful 2 bedroom nipa house for sale on a 500 sq mtrs lot just outside tagatay, looks great beautiful gardens and the house was very well looked after, on showing the place to Ems she said yes looks great but you cannot leave anything inside because it will be pinched, surely it would be pinched no matter what house you have whether its brick or nipa, if this is there main home what is the differance

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

looking at some pictures and property for sale and i came across a beautiful 2 bedroom nipa house for sale on a 500 sq mtrs lot just outside tagatay

, looks great beautiful gardens and the house was very well looked after, on showing the place to Ems she said yes looks great but you cannot leave anything inside because it will be pinched

, surely it would be pinched no matter what house you have whether its brick or nipa,

if this is there main home what is the difference

tagatay is nice, only passed thru it once .if you have money to spend then that would be the place 

unless you would like Forbes park or near Rockwell.

Nipa.. if i was a local I would feel safe .since I am 'white" and presumed to be wealthy I would not put my life nor my childs life at risk,

brick to me would be much safer.again to each his own , if Nipa is what you feel safe, go ahead,

just share w/ the forum on how it is, 

the building, living in it, and the pleasures of the house.

kindly update us.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A block house would be more secure and less flammable and could hold up in bad weather.

A nipa hut could be cooler without aircon.

Our family and friends never leave their home without someone there to watch over it.

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

looking at some pictures and property for sale and i came across a beautiful 2 bedroom nipa house for sale on a 500 sq mtrs lot just outside tagatay, looks great beautiful gardens and the house was very well looked after, on showing the place to Ems she said yes looks great but you cannot leave anything inside because it will be pinched, surely it would be pinched no matter what house you have whether its brick or nipa, if this is there main home what is the differance

Could you forward the link or the photographs of the 2 bedroom nipa house for sale. Also, the asking price for house and lot. I am working with a development group to build an eco-village made of bamboo in the same area. Instead of Tagaytay ridge, the location is Talisay, which is Taal lake shore. The eco-village for retirees will be located within a well-known gated resort.

Brick homes are good, but the design I have seen in the Philippines makes them vulnerable to strong earthquakes. Make sure the frame is steel or concrete pillars and beams with rebars. Our bamboo bungalows will use treated bamboo that are highly resistant to termites and wood boring insects. We are also using a bindery system similar to hurricane clips to withstand strong earthquakes and high winds.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

http://www.sulit.com... hut rest house this is the link i hope you can open it

Thank you for the link. It's a nice looking property with a beautiful garden. The price could go below $50,000 after negotiations.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

It looks nice on the outside with lots of gardens and all...  but what about inside?  No photos...

Kind of makes me wonder...

:89:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's a standard two bedroom Bahay Kubo that you purchase as a kit. I know two companies, one is located in San Fernando City, Pampanga and the other in Calamba, Laguna. There are other similar manufacturers throughout the Philippines. Prices are cheap, but because the bamboo is not treated, the termites move-in before you do.

For our bamboo bungalows eco-village project, we tried to negotiate an agreement with Bamboo Living, a Hawaii company. Attached are two samples of their more luxurious designs. Unfortunately, their prices were too high and their manufacturing plant is in Vietnam. I don't think the Philippine government would look too kindly to our importing bamboo homes into the country. It's like sending coals to Newcastle.

Instead of Bamboo Living, I found a former member of their design team who is very interested in working with us. I think our project is doable because the budget per bamboo bungalow is 5x to 10x what the Philippine manufacturers charge for their kits. The factory we have in mind is located in Negros Oriental. The factory was built by a Dutch NGO (non-government agency) to provide work in a rural community.    

post-1632-0-84308100-1359333987_thumb.pn

post-1632-0-58372500-1359334009_thumb.jp

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

i have seen some of there designs, Banboo Living, very beautiful homes, and the cost too could be very hill,

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

i have seen some of there designs, Banboo Living, very beautiful homes, and the cost too could be very hill,

Two-bedroom bahay kubo's with toilet & shower costs between P250,000 to P300,000 plus delivery charges. The bamboo is untreated and the bindery is not very good. Roofing material is cogon grass, palm or anahaw leaves.

We are budgeting between P500,000 to P800,000 per unit for our project. They will be built to last 50 years or longer. The architect wants to use concrete for the roof to withstand 150 to 175 mph winds from a super typhoon. For aesthetic reasons and because the eco-village is a "green" project, we prefer another material.

• Like 1