Freehold > Titled Land

Bruce
Posted
Posted

All of this is based on your first statement that you are aware that you can not own land directly..... And you did not want to get into all that discussion. So just for our understanding, assuming you get past the legal issues, are you putting the title in your wife / GF name?

I have a long lease written by a local attorney on the building I built. But when I die, it reverts back to the woman or her family if she is dead.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

All of this is based on your first statement that you are aware that you can not own land directly..... And you did not want to get into all that discussion. So just for our understanding, assuming you get past the legal issues, are you putting the title in your wife / GF name?

I have a long lease written by a local attorney on the building I built. But when I die, it reverts back to the woman or her family if she is dead.

Yes, I suppose some long time lease involved undepending of which solution.

/Your way is one of the possibilities. 

/Owned by some grown up Filipin relative, but still with long time lease contract.

/If buy after own child is born, she/he can be owner. (A friend of mine did like this 30 years ago, no problem so far  :)      But to cover up if the child will become gready or weak easy forced by bad people, I will have long time lease anyway.

/Or if I will start suiting business, I will PERHAPS chose to own 40 % of the land through "my" company. 

I have some doubt it follow the law to put land in wife's name, I believe it's an "Anti-dummy" law against it (if buyiing with kano money). At least in some cases wife and husband are counted as ONE SAME juridical person in owning point of view, which make wife CAN'T own some things, which foreigners aren't allowed to own. (But perhaps that only concern earning businesses, I haven't checked proper yet in which situations the Anti-Dummy law is relevant.) 

Your solution is the most probably solution for me too, but depend some of situation as e g:

/what type of business I will start,

/who own the land from start, and what solutions owner are interested in.

/IF the buy will be after a child is born, then I will probably prefer that solution.  

/Depend SOME of what my future wife thinks too  :)   as long as it involves a long time lease in my name.

Perhaps they have suiting land within family of my future Filipin family-in-law allready. Some of them are farmers. Needs "inventory" of both if they have suiting land, and what oppinions they have  :)

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well good luck. You can make this into a full time job chasing people and their land, OR hire a real estate person (not a friend of a friend looking for a commission) and tell them you will only entertain properties that are free and clear with recorded title and no issues such as squatters.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well good luck. You can make this into a full time job chasing people and their land, OR hire a real estate person (not a friend of a friend looking for a commission) and tell them you will only entertain properties that are free and clear with recorded title and no issues such as squatters.

Well. No point they check a lot of offers I'm not interested in anyway. I have some uncommon taste  :)

But you are corect it can - perhaps  :)  - be a good idea to let a pro check. but AFTER I have told which lands I'm interested in. 

But is it realy that hard to check these?

/title owner and if the property is registrated as security for a loan

/unpaid property tax.

I thought it's just go to the two offices, so I suppose e g my wife can do it  :)

If hiring someone to do the work, I will not know if they do it proper, or just try to earn as much as possible (per hour). So if involve someone else, then I believe better be for a static price for an easy defined work. (=Check situation for THIS land.)

Now I'm just checking ads to learn price levels, but when it's time to buy, then I will want to know who are interested in selling, them who HAVEN'T put in any ad too. Because some of the places I can be interested in are almost "junk" land, which normaly are almost impossible to sell. (Such as unused hills, rough not taken care of forests...) Because then I can get much more land for the money, and get more far away from neighbours. But not to far away from roads and electricity  :)

/If there are FEW land I'm interested in in the region I plan to settle down in, then I have thought do it in kind of OPPOSITE order 

=Check who are owners, and check situation. LAST ask owners if interested in selling - but pretend it isn't important for me if I buy there or somewhere else  :)

/If there are MANY interesting lots, then I believe I will let the word be spread ONE land can be bought if the price is right, and then hope at least one is clever enough to put the price low so it will be HIS land which will be bought  :) 

Americano
Posted
Posted

My wife and I started trying to purchase a lot we like about 5 months ago and ran into all kinds of problems. For example, the previous owners didn't pay their taxes at BIR, the total sq. meters of the subdivided lot didn't match the sq. meters on the Title, the current owner's names are not on the Tax Declaration and BIR requires the Original Title to transfer the subdivided lot to my wife's name. The Title is dated 1921 so the Original Title no longer exists.

We were not making any progress until we hired a lawyer who knows what to do and has been making some progress each week.  First the lawyer is getting the previous owner's taxes paid and all paper work corrected. The lawyer will file an affidavit of loss in court for the Title.  Its a long process just like anything you do when dealing with the government in the Philippines.  There's about 7 different government offices that are in some way connected to land ownership and taxes.  Therefore, my advice is after you find a lot you are interested in buying hire a lawyer who regularly handles land purchases.  Will save you a lot of time and frustration and in the end you will be sure you are the real owner.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Thomas! Slow down and read American's post above. He is on track.

Once you domas you say above......... "/If there are MANY interesting lots, then I believe I will let the word be spread ONE land can be bought if the price is right, and then hope at least one is clever enough to put the price low so it will be HIS land which will be bought :)........

Scammers will line up to give it a try from the foreigner. From a pure time aspect, you will loose a year or more in chasing leads that do not materalize.

I wish you luck and if you have the time and money... go for it! :541:   But in your childrens future, I see a them writting a book, working title is 'My Father's Folly'.....

Fighting the system is time consuming and expensive. Better left to the proffesionals, with YOU over seeing their work. 

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

But is it realy that hard to check these?

/title owner and if the property is registrated as security for a loan

/unpaid property tax.

I thought it's just go to the two offices, so I suppose e g my wife can do it   :)

Not too be mean but this made me laugh til i almost cried...NOTHING here is fast , easy or LOGICAL when it comes to property transfer...even with a "title" in hand you have to hope no cousins , cousins cousins ,or cousins cousins cabano pop up and claim that old Uncle Nutfutter sold them that land 30 years ago for 1p and a sardine sandwich and they have the 30 yr old scrap of goat hide he signed as "proof".....craziest darned place on the planet sometimes lol

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas! Slow down and read American's post above. He is on track.

Once you domas you say above......... "/If there are MANY interesting lots, then I believe I will let the word be spread ONE land can be bought if the price is right, and then hope at least one is clever enough to put the price low so it will be HIS land which will be bought :)........

Scammers will line up to give it a try from the foreigner. From a pure time aspect, you will loose a year or more in chasing leads that do not materalize.

I wish you luck and if you have the time and money... go for it! :541:   But in your childrens future, I see a them writting a book, working title is 'My Father's Folly'.....

Fighting the system is time consuming and expensive. Better left to the proffesionals, with YOU over seeing their work. 

As I understood his post, that was about UNTITLED land. Buying such is only RESERVE for me, IF I don't find a titled one I want to have.

So what if they line up. It don't take long time to check if I like any of the land. If so THEN check in Title REGISTRATION OFFICE and Tax OFFICE. I will NOT listen to the sellers or expect THEIR documents are corect, checking the OFFICIAL records instead. I suppose they don't need a year to check one/few alternatives  :)

Perhaps. I have written some books, so big chance some kid get "writing genes"   :)

Who say I will fight the system concerning LAND*???  What's fighting the system with CHECK what the official OFFICES says about allready TITLED land?      But I wouldn't be suprised if I will end up "fighting" something   :hystery:  by trying to make own solution in SMALL scale =in my company.

Not too be mean but this made me laugh til i almost cried...NOTHING here is fast , easy or LOGICAL when it comes to property transfer...even with a "title" in hand you have to hope no cousins , cousins cousins ,or cousins cousins cabano pop up and claim that old Uncle Nutfutter sold them that land 30 years ago for 1p and a sardine sandwich and they have the 30 yr old scrap of goat hide he signed as "proof".....craziest darned place on the planet sometimes lol

Do you mean an earlier ALREADY TITLED REGISTRATION isn't seen as legal proof?