Living The Dream

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We all have our own dream of what we want and where we all would like to be, but these dreams will cost money, the more money you have the bigger the dream could be,

My dream is to retire early, move to the philippines, bohol is the place for now but who knows,

a view is a must for me, a large lot too, nice home and to live happy and healthy too.

But what is the cost of all this, i have no idea, but i know i will have around £150,000 plus a income of around £650 a month, or £250,000 and a income of around £150 a month.

Remember i am retiring early so i will not have my pension for another 5 years so this has got to be used properly, once my pension kicks in then there will be another £5 to 600 per month to go into the funds, it all adds up to a nice figure and i am sure it will last us both a very long time.

Here is where i have problems in working out, how long will i live for, here is how i work that out for me, if i could live for 20 years we would live quite well and there would be money left for Em to manage for her life after i have gone,now if i drop dead before my dream well lets skip that bit, if i live longer we still should be ok but being older care may be added to our outgoings, the cost of that i dont know but hopefully the family will be there to help with that,

Thats it sounds wonderful and its down to me to make it happen, the only thing that may stop this is, health, death, loss of income, or put of from the philippines,

Has your dreams come your way

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

According to US Census Bureau, if you achieve the 65 years milestone, you can use 18.7 years to figure out how many years remain. Because more American are subscribing to a healthier lifestyle during their retirement years, the number of remaining years is actualy on the increase. I don't know if this data applies to the British. Perhaps "fish & chips" is better than "burger & fries" diet. The dining rooms at our vegan retirement villages in the Philippines will serve "veggie burgers & taro chips" so there! The locations of our eco-villages are so beautiful that the residents will refuse to die.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Steve. Steve! HEY STEVE!!! Wake up!

Wow! You were really zonkers there, mate. Good REM sleep huh? Well snap out of it. That loon of a boss will pop around soon to see if we have dug out the donniker yet. So stop hoppin the wag and acting like a dimbo trying to worm out of digging out all these brown trouts! Get back to work, mate!

Retire in the Philippines?... Steve-o! Ducky, you need to stop  dreaming and drinking ale before noon.....

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Wow! You were really zonkers there, mate. Good REM sleep huh? Well snap out of it. That loon of a boss will pop around soon to see if we have dug out the donniker yet. So stop hoppin the wag and acting like a dimbo trying to worm out of digging out all these brown trouts! Get back to work, mate!

Retire in the Philippines?... Steve-o! Ducky, you need to stop  dreaming and drinking ale before noon.....

sorry could not understand any words other then ducky, that is the local saying for girls here,

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I'm retiring early too.  I'm 48 and retired quit my job at Christmas.  I am closing on the house here in Texas next week (turning 49 next week also) and will be moving in mid Feb!   I will have almost nothing in savings (bad idea, oh well) and will be on a small veterans disability check until I can actually retire.  So at 55 (in 6 years) I can retire from my job of 15 years and get a small retirement check, then at age 60 I can retire from a job I only had 4 years (20 years ago) and get twice as much as my real jobs retirement!   I will have to budget carefully for the first 5 years, the next 5 will be more comfortable, then after that I just have to live to see 60 and will be doing very well  :)

So I am making my dream come true earlier than I planned and hope it works out.  

well done and good luck, i am glad i am not the only one dreaming

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I'm hoping to live the dream myself very shortly.

I have my pension (indexing kicks in today for another year - I went up $31 a month after taxes...  hehe) as my income and a Line of Credit for my fallback / escape clause.  My darling sweet Special Someone insists that she wants to work once she has graduated as a Special Education teacher but this I think will be her money and what she wishes to share with her family (mainly her mother as the rest of the family works also).  And, as my dream is to live in the Philippines until my bones are dust, to have a nice home where I can spend time gardening, relaxing, thinking up and acting on new romantic ways to entice my young Special Someone into special days and evenings, and to finally write that best selling novel (sales = 0 / copies handed out = 1 - to me), I think I will be just fine.  And if money starts to get tight?  I have a few tricks up my sleeve for later that will bring me in a little extra income when needed (and, yes, 100% legal) that I can do at home, at the beach, in bed, sitting in the CR or even just at my desk... Sorry - it's a secret though... 

:mocking:

• Like 5

Bruce
Posted
Posted

sorry could not understand any words other then ducky, that is the local saying for girls here,

Sorry about that. I really tried my best using an online British Urban Dictionary.... :tiphat: Ducky was supposed to be a nice term for friend. REM is a medical term of the very deep sleep stage.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Steve, not to rain on your parade but before moving to Philippines be sure to have a modest cash safety net and cash for an exit plan kept safe back in your home country.

• Like 1