Marrying A Fillipina In Another Country

Curley
Posted
Posted

With all the hassle and hoohah involved, is it possible to go to another country to get married? I am English and she is Fillipina over 25. I read a post on here that some couples do that but cannot find it.

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Me and my wife got married in Las Vegas so i dont think youll find there is a problem with that. The only thing we had to do was get in touch with the Philippine embassy holding jurisdiction over vegas which was in L.A. This was about 4 months later and that was only to get official documents notirized so it would be accepted & registered here by the NSO.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

You managed to get a visa for your girl to go to the states to get married? Did it take a long time?

brock
Posted
Posted

You managed to get a visa for your girl to go to the states to get married? Did it take a long time?

It took my ex about 6 months and that included my 2 kids.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have a friend couple, her pinoy - him aussie.  They got married in Singapore.  I don't know the requirements.  She was living there at the time & that will likely matter???  I mention it because they did not do it on a weekend trip.

:36_6_3[1]:

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

I'm talking about a girl living in the Phils.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Markham and his wife got married in Hong Kong.  I have read of it being done in Thailand (would be my choice as it is cheaper).  Then you come back with a marriage and a BB stamp for a year  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You explained that very well Mark.  My comment on expense was regarding the cost of staying in the country for a week or so while the who event took place.  I had a notion that Thailand would be cheaper.  But if you say it is more expensive I have no evidence to suggest otherwise.

• Like 3

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Oh yeah sorry about that, I forgot to mention we were both in the USA at the time we got married on a visa, I was just using the US as an example of hiw easy it is to get married abroad, not an example of costing.

• Like 1