Wet Market ~ Pinoy Style

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey Boss Man,

Can I pretty please post a version of my own WET MARKET?  Trust me, they're all virgins.....he, he.

post-686-0-70791000-1360510987_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Bruce could probably answer this better.  

I have read many reports where we in the 1st World are making ourselves sick by over-sterilizing our environments.  Excessive hand washing with bacterial soaps, sterilizing our kitchens...  Germs and bacteria are very good at adapting to new environments such as excessively clean hands and sterilized kitchens.  They also become much much stronger in what they are going to do to our bodies once we ingest them. Humanity survived the dark ages, the mid-evil times, and the 20th century...  I'm sure we will survive a wet market in the Philippines and probably end up being all the more healthier for it.

Save some of that Lechon Manok for me!!!

:mocking:

Yes, but the greater issue is at the manufacturing level. Say all manufacturers of bacteria killing soaps make 20 million + gallons of this stuff. Where does it end up? Down the drain and into the streams and then the oceans. year after year....

The issue of being 'too' clean is more a medical issue with parasites. Diseases like MS were not found 100+ years ago and cancer was less than 1% 3000 years ago...

Parasites seem to have a effect on the immune system that keeps in check auto immune issues like MS. So today, there are experiments in the use of pig worms for the treatment of MS and asthma and other auto immue nasties.

• Like 1