Us 100 Dollar Bills - Exchange In The Philippines

Bruce
Posted
Posted

hmmmmm, just judging by your name, I am thinking you do not have the kind of box I want to make a deposit to....................

Right there with ya! You have noooo idea what it is like to 1. Be named Bruce and, 2. To be an RN! Two Strikes against me right out of the box! :mocking:  And I do have a tattoo.....

It says E X I T   O N L Y  Guess where it is... go on, guess! :hystery:  ( Jake, ewe don't get a guess! I always been leery of them career navy guys... :36_6_3[1]: )    

• Like 2

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

hmmmmm, just judging by your name, I am thinking you do not have the kind of box I want to make a deposit to....................

Right there with ya! You have noooo idea what it is like to 1. Be named Bruce and, 2. To be an RN! Two Strikes against me right out of the box! :mocking:  And I do have a tattoo.....

It says E X I T   O N L Y  Guess where it is... go on, guess! :hystery:  ( Jake, ewe don't get a guess! I always been leery of them career navy guys... :36_6_3[1]: )    

it is really nice to find a forum where good, smart, experenced information is provided and can still have a bit of fun with each other.

Yep, I can guess where the tatoo is :) :). Honestly - don't want to see it :)

Dave

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I feel very good about Xoom - the question was really about the "PLAN" - is this a good way to deal with you money?

Well that there was the reason for my rather convoluted response.  To summarize:

I thought it was a great way to deal with my money in the short term.  I thought Xoom was a great company with great customer service.  That is until I was in the middle of a transaction and really needed them and they decided they did not need Canadians.  Of course something like that would never happen to you.  Or would it?

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

they decided they did not need Canadians

:kidding:

What! Are they crazy! Why everyone needs Canadians... sometimes 2 or maybe even 3! :dance:  The world would be a worser place without those polite Kanos.... :10001:

(Whew...... that was a tough one... and I did not use 'eh?' even once :th_imstupid: )

• Like 1

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

Yes we need Canadians..they are a good buffer to keep the "lower 48 ers" away lol

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Yes we need Canadians..they are a good buffer to keep the "lower 48 ers" away lol

Not me! No sir... BEARS, your lack of sunlight, BEARS, rains more than the Philippines, BEARS, mud knee deep, BEARS, ratio of 5+ men for every woman, BEARS, mosquitos as large as hummin birds, BEARS, and... and.. well, lets not forget the BEARS, real hungry BEARS.... So you don't need any Canadians trying to con-fin-skate my gunz at the border trying to drive to Alaska... No sir! your BEARS are enough ... of course the real reason... 5+ men to every woman! :hystery:

Even though the exchange rate is the same as in the lower 48! :thumbsup:   

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bigdog,

When I get some US Dollars I will exchange them at Park Mall. And, I will try to check the exchange rate at one or two other money changers the same day to get a comparison.

• Like 1

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

@ Bruce BEARS are mighty tasty with a little Bear-b-que sauce !!!

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

But if the card is lost / stolen or some other issue, the most I can loose in a day is 25,000p and then gives me another day to correct the issue.

I hope that it never happens to me or anyone else, but, if you do lose your foreign credit or debit card, how do you get new card in one day?

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I expect it would take at least 1 week, maybe 2 or 3 weeks to get a replacement card from your home country.

I have 1 US debit card for my credit union plus 2 US credit cards. I also have 2 debit cards in the Philippines. One each for the USD and peso account.

I only carry a max of 2 of them on me most times and keep the others in a safe place. It is also a good idea to keep some cash on you and some cash stashed in a safe place because cash almost always works.

• Like 2