Us 100 Dollar Bills - Exchange In The Philippines

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I probably had more education at school in Canada on Ben Franklin than most American kids get today...  And I'm not sure which is really the worse thing.  Qucik...  Pop Quiz...  Was Ben married in a church or common-law?  Did he really have a key at the end of his kite string?  And why is he on the US $100 Bill as opposed to a different denomination?  If you can answer all these questions, you would have passed my history class whatever year it was (Grade 3?  4?) that we learned about him.

And now back to US$100 Bills.

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

I plan on putting the wad of $100 dollar bills in my jeans pocket, putting them in the washer the next time I have a full load and then doing the dryer thing. 

Steam iron.... 

*presto chango wa-la*

Fresh...Crisp...Ready to fold up and slip into my Eagle Creek money belt   :whistling:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I plan on putting the wad of $100 dollar bills in my jeans pocket, putting them in the washer the next time I have a full load and then doing the dryer thing. 

Steam iron.... 

*presto chango wa-la*

Fresh...Crisp...Ready to fold up and slip into my Eagle Creek money belt   :whistling:

I have both a money belt and an ankle belt. Cheap off ebay. I keep my (small) spending money in my shirt pocket. So everyone sees me going into that shirt pocket for money and if I am robbed, that is all they will find. Once I get to where I go, I have a bank box.  

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Was Ben married in a church or common-law?  COMMON LAW

Did he really have a key at the end of his kite string? NOPE

And why is he on the US $100 Bill as opposed to a different denomination? GEORGE WASHINGTON WAS THE MOST POPULAR FIGURE IN US HISTORY. HIS PORTRAIT APPEARS ON THE ONE DOLLAR BILL BECAUSE IT HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER IN CIRCULATION. ABRAHAM LINCOLN IS ON A FIVE DOLLAR NOTE AND SO ON. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN APPEARS ON THE HIGHEST FACE VALUE, BUT THE US TREASURY RANKING IS BASED ON CIRCULATION. THERE ARE LARGER DENOMINATIONS NO LONGER IN CIRCULATION TO CURTAIL USE IN ILLEGAL TRADE.

Quick question - who appears in the even larger bills, which are still considered legal tender?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Quick question - who appears in the even larger bills, which are still considered legal tender?

Well without using google.... To cheat... I would have to say Alfred E. Neuman! (What? Me? Worry?)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Better question yet is - Who does it show on a larger denomination bill that is still living?

Yes, it is a trick question - read it closely...  There really is an answer!

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Bob....  :mocking: ....if still breathing...not eligible... *I think...will cross my fingers*

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Who does it show on a larger denomination bill that is still living?

I give up.  Best answer I can come up it is What rather than Who as in an eagle.  Give us the answer please.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

All you had to do was read a bill....  I didn't say picture - I said who does it show that is still living.  

bigger hint - who signed the darn thing?  hehe!