Travel Agent?

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

. I clear customs in Manila with them and then turn them over to the connecting flight

I'm sorry but that was what i ment.. you WIll have to physically get the bags in Manila , go thru customs with it ,then hand it back in for the last leg....checking the bags thru to Davao will save the extra $$.. BUT be aware you have to pick them up and get them thru customs.. not just put them on the plane in San Diego and get them when you get off in Davao

Unless you are disabled, it is not a big deal. Wheeled carts are available there and you wait to get your bags, load then up, head towards the door and hand the customs person your customs form (Note to self: Not a good time to make jokes about hiding anything up your arse!) The customs person will say have a nice vacation, and then you reverse course and back over the the crowd of people already there dropping off their bags for the connecting flight.  

Not a big deal.

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Hi Bigdog,

Just curious. From Alaska, do you go to Vancouver for a flight to Manila (Philippine Airlines?) or go farther south to Seattle or San Francisco? I heard there is a Middle East carrier offering cheap tickets from Seattle to Manila.

Middle East carrier????? Ah.... well......... not for my $$$$ there isn't......... PAL is just fine. Saving a few bucks is not as important to me as it is to not send my $$$$ to places that would like to see me dead. :omg:

I am sort of fickel that way..... :1 (72):

• Like 1

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

JJ  i fly out anywhere on the west coast ...but to Cebu , i just dont want to deal with that mess in Manila.. I also watch the flights from Hawaii as sometimes the fare Anchorage to Hawaii isnt bad at all.. used to be a direct flight to Manila from Anchorage but i havent looked into that for quite a while

@Bruce it isnt a hassle but some people arent aware of the need to claim their bags in Manila and recheck them after customs.. I've seen more than one bag going around the claim conveyor forgotten.. not everyone travels internationaly often and it sounded like the OP might be one of them

• Like 4

softail
Posted
Posted

Unless you are disabled, it is not a big deal. Wheeled carts are available there and you wait to get your bags, load then up, head towards the door and hand the customs person your customs form (Note to self: Not a good time to make jokes about hiding anything up your arse!) The customs person will say have a nice vacation, and then you reverse course and back over the the crowd of people already there dropping off their bags for the connecting flight. Not a big deal.

It would be a good idea when booking the flight to make sure there is enough time in between flights to give you time to check those bags in and make it to the next flight. If it's PAL I guess that wouldn't be necessary because they are always late anyway. :mocking: 

Doug

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

The only issue I see with PAL now is that they moved many domestic flights over to Terminal 3 which you can not walk to! You must take a shuttle bus or taxi over to it. So that will take some extra time.  

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

And that is why I will fly preferably Cathay Pacific straight to Cebu.  I could do the PAL direct (no stops) from Toronto but I still get stuck in Manila and I am not going to fight my way around 3 terminals with luggage.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I can see that working for you IF you live in Cebu. It does not matter what time you land, you take a taxi home. But for me, and I did look into it, the flights land too late at night and that means I sleep in the airport or get a taxi and a room for the night and extra expenses and then have to check in again for the next flight.  

Markham
Posted
Posted

I don't know if Singapore Airlines flies to/from San Diego but if it does, you can book straight through to Davao and not have to worry about luggage at the intervening stop (Singapore). The Singapore to Davao leg is operated by Silk Air (not a low-cost carrier) which is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. The same flight also serves Cebu.

Any other routing and you will have to claim your bags in Manila and clear Customs there.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I used a travel agent once but never again. They got me a cheap flight but it was late arriving for departure and crowded. Sometimes I wonder how we got off the ground. Even lost my bag and all they could say is shxt happens.  :no:

post-1-0-28561200-1361528185_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

I don't know if Singapore Airlines flies to/from San Diego but if it does, you can book straight through to Davao and not have to worry about luggage at the intervening stop (Singapore). The Singapore to Davao leg is operated by Silk Air (not a low-cost carrier) which is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. The same flight also serves Cebu.

Any other routing and you will have to claim your bags in Manila and clear Customs there.

This looks reasonable

flight.jpg

Has andone ever used "onetravel.com"