Travel Agent?

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't know if Singapore Airlines flies to/from San Diego but if it does, you can book straight through to Davao and not have to worry about luggage at the intervening stop (Singapore). The Singapore to Davao leg is operated by Silk Air (not a low-cost carrier) which is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. The same flight also serves Cebu.

Any other routing and you will have to claim your bags in Manila and clear Customs there.

This looks reasonable

flight.jpg

Has andone ever used "onetravel.com"

While the price is very good, it is a 33 hr trip. With PAL once you leave LA. No plane changes to get to Manila. But, as far as I know you and your bags MUST go to and clear customs either in Manila or Cebu.  No direct way to Davao without 1st clearing customs in Cebu or Manila, unless they have added Davao as an international air entry port.

So look at total time from a to b and then also look at connecting flight times and layovers plane changes etc. Price is not always king.   

Edited by Bruce

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Also try ASAP site (I posted as plain text, but it appears to be a hot link anyway....) 

http://www.asaptickets.com/cheap-flights-to-manila/?mfs=Philippines_cities&line=8889490969&gclid=CO_L4tzvyrUCFYdT4Aod43gAYw

MikeB
Posted
Posted

It looks like they're including the Int'l date change in those hours, you lose a day going east. A total of 7 hrs layover time for a 3 segment overseas trip is actually very good, especially considering you're going to Davao, not Manila. Departure and arrival times are also good. I've heard only good things about Singapore Airlines, the worst part of the trip is liable to be the AA flight from San Diego to LAX.

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

It looks like they're including the Int'l date change in those hours, you lose a day going east. A total of 7 hrs layover time for a 3 segment overseas trip is actually very good, especially considering you're going to Davao, not Manila. Departure and arrival times are also good. I've heard only good things about Singapore Airlines, the worst part of the trip is liable to be the AA flight from San Diego to LAX.

As you said, I really liked the departule and arrival time. works good on both ends. 30+ fly time is a bitch but best case is going to be 24-26 anyway. was not really looking at price, but as it turnes out this was the best price????? go figure???????

Do not know if it will be avaiable when I am ready to book (less then 2 weeks I expect) but the route looked "convienent"

Thanks

Dave

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

Just dont forget your "throw away" return ticket

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

No direct way to Davao without 1st clearing customs in Cebu or Manila, unless they have added Davao as an international air entry port.

He is going from Singapore direct to Davao, Singapore airlines do that and yes Davao is an international airport. Been there and done that so no problems at all.