Civil Marriage In The Philippines

Pinkee
Posted
Posted

Hi i searched the web on how to get married in the philippines but I get different answers.

Pls help

Details :

Girl- australian citizen

Boy - pinoy citizen

A. What are the exact steps to get married

B. requirements needed for pinoy and me as australian citizen

C. Where to get them and how

Long is the process

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I will answer this later if no one else does. I have been there and done that although it was not a boy I married. :)  If all documents in order expect 3 weeks or less. The info is here anyway, http://www.australia.com.ph/mnla/marriage.html

Busy just now  :cheersty:

• Like 3

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Pinkee,

My wife and I had a Civil Marriage at a Mayor's office in the Philippines in November 2011 so we have some recent experience. Here are the requirements given to us by our local Civil Registry which is in City Hall.

Requirements for Foreigners applying for a Marriage License:

1. Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage issued at the foreign consulate base in the Philippines. This is the foreign consulate for Australia.

2. Divorce papers if divorced.

3. Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR).  You can apply for this at the Civil Registry. You need one for you and one for the male.

4. Birth Certificate for both.  His must be a NSO Birth Certificate and yours must be a Certified Birth Certificate from your country of birth.

5. Attend a one day Pre-Marriage Counseling/Seminar together.

Notes:

A. You and the male must be at least 18 years old, which will be proven by your Birth Certificates.

B. Present Originals and Copies of all required Documents.  Most Government Offices in the Philippines don't make copies for you, you're expected to make your own copies.

C. To complete Item #1 and #5 will require you to be in the Philippines.

D. To request the CENOMAR in Item #3 you can send your Birth Certificate to the male, he can request the CENOMAR for you and himself at the same time.

E. Everything is done at the Civil Registry except for Item #1 and of course the Marriage.

F. A Civil Marriage can be performed at Mayor's Office, Lawyer's Office, etc.  My wife and I are not Catholic so we chose to have a nondenominational marriage at the Mayor's office and it only cost about P1,000.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Pinkee,

On the other topic you started today, Australia-Sponsorship, you said you married a Pinoy citizen in Manila so why are you asking about marriage requirements? 

Edited by Americano
  • Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

You also need a letter of consent to marry from their parents if under the age of 25...Different locations in the Philippines all have different rules and regulations, So don't expect everything to be the same.

• Like 1

Pinkee
Posted
Posted

Thank you americano. Finally have a clear steps on how to do the civil wed.

No i am not married yet. But this is my plan this coming April as im going to the philippines for holiday. (Yehey) so i wanna make sure about my mothers visa, if it will be fine to sponsor a spouse while she's still in australia.

Both me and my partner will be getting married the first time. Thats why we have no idea about civil. Hehehe

Americano, im only be staying in Manila for a month. With all the requirements for marriage license and CNI- do you think there will be enough time to do everything?

• Like 1

Pinkee
Posted
Posted

Ok brock thanks. Im already 32.

Pinkee
Posted
Posted

Americano,

-How long does it take to get the Legal Capacity..? Some said u can get it same day. Some said 10 days.

- do you need to make an appointment to get the legal capacity? Or u just walk in and apply.

- is the CENOMAR same as the what they call certificate of singleness?

- how long does it take to get the CENOMAR?

- seminar: do u have to wait for the seminar or you can do it same day you applied?

Again, thank you Americano.

brock
Posted
Posted

Get a CNI in Australia before you come it will save you some money, You will also need a local CNI from your embassy in the Philippines.

You will have to make an appointment to get this, They should give you the same day.

If you do not have a CNI from your own country, Then you must reside in the Philippines for 21 days before giving notice of your intended marriage,

To get your Cenomar depends on where abouts you are located, For  us,In the province it was going to take 10 days, But in Cebu City it was 5 days, Different locations have different rules.

You can apply for your Cenomar online. But it only lasts for 3 months, After that time you will need to get a new one.

After the Seimar we had to wait 10 days before they would release the certificate to allow us to marry..

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thank you americano. Finally have a clear steps on how to do the civil wed.

No i am not married yet. But this is my plan this coming April as im going to the philippines for holiday. (Yehey) so i wanna make sure about my mothers visa, if it will be fine to sponsor a spouse while she's still in australia.

Both me and my partner will be getting married the first time. Thats why we have no idea about civil. Hehehe

Americano, im only be staying in Manila for a month. With all the requirements for marriage license and CNI- do you think there will be enough time to do everything?

Hi

You seem to confuse me a bit. Are you an Australian citizen? Something does not sound normal here.  :89:

• Like 1