Civil Marriage In The Philippines

Americano
Posted
Posted

Thank you americano. Finally have a clear steps on how to do the civil wed.

No i am not married yet. But this is my plan this coming April as im going to the philippines for holiday. (Yehey) so i wanna make sure about my mothers visa, if it will be fine to sponsor a spouse while she's still in australia.

Both me and my partner will be getting married the first time. Thats why we have no idea about civil. Hehehe

Americano, im only be staying in Manila for a month. With all the requirements for marriage license and CNI- do you think there will be enough time to do everything?

I believe one month will be enough time to do everything but you should do everything possible before you come to the Philippines to be sure you have enough time.  One month will go by fast so what if you have some kind of delay?

Sponsoring your spouse while your mother is still in Australia shouldn't be a problem but you should ask your Embassy or maybe an Australian on this forum knows the answer.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Americano,

-How long does it take to get the Legal Capacity..? Some said u can get it same day. Some said 10 days. 

I got mine in one day but I'm an American so it could be different for you.  Brock said you can get it in Australia so that's what you should do to save time.

- do you need to make an appointment to get the legal capacity? Or u just walk in and apply. 

I just walked in to the US Consulate in Cebu City but as Brock said you may need an appointment at the Australian Consulate.

- is the CENOMAR same as the what they call certificate of singleness? Yes they are the same. CENOMAR means Certificate of No Marriage.

- how long does it take to get the CENOMAR?  Depends on where you apply.  Applying in Carcar City took about one week. Applying in Manila could be faster.

- seminar: do u have to wait for the seminar or you can do it same day you applied?  Every location could be different.  In Carcar the seminar is given 2 times per week so we chose which day we wanted to attend.

Your fiance can go to the local Civil Registry and get answers for you.  Then you will know the correct procedures and requirements in the Manila area.  They should be the same everywhere in the Philippines since its based on National Law but you can't count on it.

Pinkee
Posted
Posted

Jollygoodfellow - yes im an Australian citizen

Americano - thank you very much for all the infos