Cagayan De Oro Expats

daisy
Posted
Posted
Hi all. We are CDO right now and we had lunch with some of the guys and ladies of the CDO expats group here. Of course that included Daisy and Alan and about 20 others. I will post some pictures when we get back to Cebu next week........ IMO these people really have there sh*t together......... There was well over 20 people just for a lunch........... Anyway, they have so many meetings monthly that I really could not keep track of all the ones that First Sgt Mike was telling me all about......I will be going to Spooks Friday the 17th to meet some more of the expats here and there wives and gf's......I told Mike to come on this forum and tell us all about it himself, but until he does, if you are in CDO or plan to be, please check out their yahoo group for the latest information. http://groups.yahoo....Cagayan-de-Oro/They have some very interesting people in the group and from what I could count, there were people from at least 7 different countries and they all were getting along like brothers and sisters........ I am only sorry that we could not spend more time here in CDO to talk more with them all, but we have company arriving right after we get back and we need to be at the meeting on the 25th.......I will post more about it once I go to Sppoks and meet the other Mike.
I saw this indication for the first time here in your post and I thought by myself: a nice idea! and so I linked to this group and applied for a membership as an expat living since 2 1/2 years in Camiguin, which belongs to Nord-Mindanao. Today I received a standard mail informing me that my membership request was denied......so far to the http://groups.yahoo....Cagayan-de-Oro/ - must be a highly selective and arrogant bunch of people...?!Patsada
I am not sure what went wrong or why they said that but I would suggest you pm Daisy on this forum and ask her to introduce you to the group. I found them all to be very friendly, so somehow someone must have misunderstood. Give her a try and I am sure she will help you and tell you when the meetings are and all you have to do is drop in on one of the many meetings they have a month.
I'm not really sure if I like to run after people who do not want me......
Hi Patsada!I'm sorry to hear about your experience on the yahoo group. How I wish I could answer this one for you but me too have no idea about it too. We really seldom go and socialize nowadays. As far as I know there are some members who go to the extent of maligning other people's names there and it become so personal already that the moderators have to refuse its posting online. I know this because I received some of it in the ELCI site and I have to reject it too. Maybe this is the reason why they are skeptical to all new members at the moment. I also notice that they are screening everything. I used not to be a moderated poster but last month I noticed that my posts didn't go through online right away! Please do give us a ring or text us (09204388883) if by chance you are in CDO, Alan and I will meet up with you and we will introduce you personally to our little community here in CDO.Lee, thanks....:lol:

mike
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi all. We are CDO right now and we had lunch with some of the guys and ladies of the CDO expats group here. Of course that included Daisy and Alan and about 20 others. I will post some pictures when we get back to Cebu next week........ IMO these people really have there sh*t together......... There was well over 20 people just for a lunch........... Anyway, they have so many meetings monthly that I really could not keep track of all the ones that First Sgt Mike was telling me all about......I will be going to Spooks Friday the 17th to meet some more of the expats here and there wives and gf's......I told Mike to come on this forum and tell us all about it himself, but until he does, if you are in CDO or plan to be, please check out their yahoo group for the latest information. http://groups.yahoo....Cagayan-de-Oro/They have some very interesting people in the group and from what I could count, there were people from at least 7 different countries and they all were getting along like brothers and sisters........ I am only sorry that we could not spend more time here in CDO to talk more with them all, but we have company arriving right after we get back and we need to be at the meeting on the 25th.......I will post more about it once I go to Sppoks and meet the other Mike.
I saw this indication for the first time here in your post and I thought by myself: a nice idea! and so I linked to this group and applied for a membership as an expat living since 2 1/2 years in Camiguin, which belongs to Nord-Mindanao. Today I received a standard mail informing me that my membership request was denied......so far to the http://groups.yahoo....Cagayan-de-Oro/ - must be a highly selective and arrogant bunch of people...?!Patsada
I am not sure what went wrong or why they said that but I would suggest you pm Daisy on this forum and ask her to introduce you to the group. I found them all to be very friendly, so somehow someone must have misunderstood. Give her a try and I am sure she will help you and tell you when the meetings are and all you have to do is drop in on one of the many meetings they have a month.
I'm not really sure if I like to run after people who do not want me......
Hi Patsada!I'm sorry to hear about your experience on the yahoo group. How I wish I could answer this one for you but me too have no idea about it too. We really seldom go and socialize nowadays. As far as I know there are some members who go to the extent of maligning other people's names there and it become so personal already that the moderators have to refuse its posting online. I know this because I received some of it in the ELCI site and I have to reject it too. Maybe this is the reason why they are skeptical to all new members at the moment. I also notice that they are screening everything. I used not to be a moderated poster but last month I noticed that my posts didn't go through online right away! Please do give us a ring or text us (09204388883) if by chance you are in CDO, Alan and I will meet up with you and we will introduce you personally to our little community here in CDO.Lee, thanks....:lol:
Sad to say Daisy is correct in giving the reason for moderation on new members to the CDO expat group we have like all villages an idiot or two it just seems at the moment we have more than our fair share in and out of CDO.We are having great fun traveling the nautical highway at the moment and I will be back in Spooks in a few days time. Edited by Mr. Lee
Repair post

Patsada
Posted
Posted

@Mr. Lee@daisy@mikethanks for your interest in this matter! :th_thanx:looking forward to meeting with you in CdO asap, :cheersty:or should you happen to come to Camiguin in the meantime........Patsada

daisy
Posted
Posted
@Mr. Lee@daisy@mikethanks for your interest in this matter! :th_thanx:looking forward to meeting with you in CdO asap, :wt-hell:or should you happen to come to Camiguin in the meantime........Patsada
Yes, we will (God willing) anytime soon! With some ELCI members!!

• 2 months later...
Patsada
Posted
Posted (edited)

...you might not believe it, but the following is the answer on my new (and definitely last) attempt to become a member of this Yahoo group: SugarwareZ-002.gif1%20%28103%29.gifcleardot.gifExpats-in-Cagayan-de-Oro Moderator <Expats-in-Cagayan-de-Oro-owner@yahoogroups.com>tocleardot.gifphils4us@gmail.comdatecleardot.gifWed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:43 AMsubjectcleardot.gifFile - Group Membership Application Deniedmailed-bycleardot.gifreturns.groups.yahoo.comsigned-bycleardot.gifyahoogroups.com Feb 17 (3 days ago) Your application for Membership in the CDO Expats Group has been denied.Best greetings anyway to the Philippines Expat Forum which had accepted me as a member without stories!!Patsada

Edited by Patsada

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
...you might not believe it, but the following is the answer on my new (and definitely last) attempt to become a member of this Yahoo group: SugarwareZ-002.gif1%20%28103%29.gifcleardot.gifExpats-in-Cagayan-de-Oro Moderator <Expats-in-Cagayan-de-Oro-owner@yahoogroups.com>tocleardot.gifphils4us@gmail.comdatecleardot.gifWed, Feb 17, 2010 at 12:43 AMsubjectcleardot.gifFile - Group Membership Application Deniedmailed-bycleardot.gifreturns.groups.yahoo.comsigned-bycleardot.gifyahoogroups.com Feb 17 (3 days ago) Your application for Membership in the CDO Expats Group has been denied.Best greetings anyway to the Philippines Expat Forum which had accepted me as a member without stories!!Patsada
Wow, too weird, sorry to read that because they seemed like a friendly bunch, but rest assured that you are always welcome here and we hope to meet you on March 12th at our get together in Cebu City. Right now it seems that we will be having it at the Sand Trap and starting around 4 PM and ending whenever we are all done, but we will make an official announcement once all the items are locked in.

mike
Posted
Posted (edited)
Wow, too weird, sorry to read that because they seemed like a friendly bunch, but rest assured that you are always welcome here and we hope to meet you on March 12th at our get together in Cebu City. Right now it seems that we will be having it at the Sand Trap and starting around 4 PM and ending whenever we are all done, but we will make an official announcement once all the items are locked in.
Patsada. Please accept my apologies but the internet is a real problem with three bogus people trying to join the cdo expat group with combined intentions of doing nothing but slandering and maligning as many people they can. One lives in CDO the others are his colleagues and live overseas.I will ask the mods to accepot your application as it is quite clearly genuine.MikePS I just asked the mods to accept your request in the name of patsada, so please do try again, we are not a bunch of snobs or view ourselves as elitist. Just we trying to shut down the stupidity of a few. Like all things it only takes a few idiots fora village to get a bad nameMike Edited by Mr. Lee
posts combined