I'm Looking For Some Finger Picks And Thumb Pick For Playing A Banjo

johnb
Posted
Posted

Hello all, I do live in the Philippines Cebu to be exact, some months ago I posted that i was trying to find a traditional 5 string Banjo, I tried all the music shops that I new, even asked a guy from the Guitar factory in Mactan all to no avail, I did manage to find a six string banjo which is basicly a guitar Banjo, but that wasn't what I needed it has a very different sound, to cut this story short, I now have a 5 string Banjo, but need the finger picks, I thought they would be easy to find as they are standard finger picks also used on the guitar, but again I'm having problems finding them, all I get is the same old answer " out of stock sir" if anyone is soon to arrive in Cebu from overseas I would be grateful if you could bring some for me, I need three finger picks and one thumb pick my fingers are big, so get the largest size you can, I will of course refund you and buy you a beer , soft drink or what ever, I cant imagine they will cost more that 10$ or a 5 or 6 pounds and the weight would be nothing, also if anyone in Cebu spots any please let me know.I have added a picture below to show you how they look, the white one is the thumb pick

thanks

John

medscalecelluloid-finger-picks-1.jpg

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

John, if I had only known...  I threw out a bag (about the size you would get a small sub in) full of finger picks and regular pics of different weights and sizes about a month ago.  I couldn't give them away here.  What can you do, eh?

:mocking:

johnb
Posted
Posted

John, if I had only known...  I threw out a bag (about the size you would get a small sub in) full of finger picks and regular pics of different weights and sizes about a month ago.  I couldn't give them away here.  What can you do, eh?

mocking.gif

That's life lol, I should be able to find them here, but so far nothing :(

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Hi John,  A young girl of my ex family is a guitar teacher, I have sent her a message inquiring for you about the finger picks, As soon as she gets back to me I will let you know.

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi John, She has replied to me, She says you can get from her Music Learning Center located in Guadalupe 

Cebu Music Learning Center 

M & J Ortiz Bldg.
347 V. Rama Ave., Guadalupe
Cebu City, Phlippines

Contact Nos. (6332)2535871 / 4162338

Edited by brock
  • Like 2

johnb
Posted
Posted

Hi John, She has replied to me, She says you can get from her Music Learning Center located in Guadalupe 

M & J Ortiz Bldg.

Cebu City, Phlippines

Thanks Brock, I'll contact them later today and see what they have, yesterday my wife returned from the shops announcing that she had found and bought some finger picks, I took a look and she'd bought 3 flat plectrums lol the guy in the store insisted they were finger picks........

• Like 1

johnb
Posted
Posted

M & J Ortiz Bldg.

Cebu City, Phlippines

Thanks Brock, I'll contact them later today and see what they have, yesterday my wife returned from the shops announcing that she had found and bought some finger picks, I took a look and she'd bought 3 flat plectrums lol the guy in the store insisted they were finger picks........

Hi Brock, Managed to call the number at Cebu School of Music center, they say that they stock finger and thumb picks, so I will pop over there nearer the weekend and see what they have, thanks again.

John

• Like 3

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just to complete this topic, I visited the Cebu Music learning centre on Friday, and managed to buy both finger picks and thumb picks, only trouble is they only stocked small and medium sizes, but they're going to order larger sizes from Manila for me, never the less I bought a whole bunch of medium size finger picks and will try expanding them by soaking the bottom ring in boiling water. either way I can now start my Banjo Lessons :tiphat: ,so thanks again Brock.

Edited by johnb
  • Like 3

brock
Posted
Posted

Your welcome John. My ex family is also a music teacher if ever you needed anything, or if you fancy a jamming session with her and her friends sometime.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

just shows that when you need info someone will come through.  :)

• Like 2