How You Met Your Lady Or Man

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

We have all met in different ways and I am trying to see how people met to help others make the right choices. Feel free to explain more in a post.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hey Lee ..... I wasn't going to answer this post as I didn't others because this topic will be debated as it has forever with only common sense prevailing ...... what works for one may not for another ...... the old aged fable that the Filipinas are waiting for you at the airport screaming and begging you to take them is a fairy tale that a lot of guys were led to believe and upon arriving found to be false ...... in fact there are lots and lots of Filipinas that don't want foreign boyfriends or husbands ...... only a very few places can one go and find an instant girlfriend ...... now friends or relatives of friends always seem to have someone wanting to meet you and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't as others have found ....... coming here and being told you will find a girlfriend with in 2 weeks can be VERY misleading ...... unless you find one at the local watering hole and they will definitely want to be your friend ... girlfriend .... longtime companion or wife if you want ...... most other girls will take quite a bit longer than 2 weeks ...... depending of coarse where she comes from ...... Are all internet girls bad ...... I don't think so ..... mine isn't and we have been living together for a year and chatted and corresponded for a year before that ..... now let me explain how I feel about length of time ....... it is kinda like buying a TV ...... I don't care how long the company has been in business ....... I am more interested in their track record ....... so a brand that has been in business with a crappy track record I personally would avoid like the plague ...... as they are selling pie in the sky ............I'm sure there are many others that have the same experience that I have as I was not scammed either on or off the web (not mentioning time frame .... as that is irrelevant) ...... the same people scammed on the internet will I bet you be the same people that get scammed when they visit here ..... either by a bar girl ...... because that is where they head for first ...... or by appearing desperate in finding a girlfriend in the 2 weeks they have on their vacation ........ now if you come here to live than that is an entirely different set of circumstances ....... you have the time to do a diligent search for Miss Right ......

• 1 year later...
annabie
Posted
Posted

We studied in a same class at high school :)But we started our relationship since we both entered an university.

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted
We studied in a same class at high school :)But we started our relationship since we both entered an university.
Welcome to the forum Annabie. Good to see another female member. I am from Mindanao and Cebu, where are you and your husband originally from?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Met my wife in the Philippines through relatives when I was still in the military. She was only 18 yrs old at the time, was working as a secretary in City Hall and wasn't ready for a relationship at the time. So, I just courted her long distance from California and made visits to the Philippines twice a year until she turned 24! It was worth the wait! We've been married now for 23 years and we're now both retired and happily living here in the Philippines, our roots! :wasntme::AddEmoticons04230:

Jake
Posted
Posted
Met my wife in the Philippines through relatives when I was still in the military. She was only 18 yrs old at the time, was working as a secretary in City Hall and wasn't ready for a relationship at the time. So, I just courted her long distance from California and made visits to the Philippines twice a year until she turned 24! It was worth the wait! We've been married now for 23 years and we're now both retired and happily living here in the Philippines, our roots! :wasntme::AddEmoticons04230:
Wow, that's a very long courtship Art. Six long years of long distance phone calls, sending flowersand love letters -- you got me beat! I only courted Judy for about 6 months (long distance) untilI asked permission from her Lola to get engaged finally.Respectfully -- Jake

softail
Posted
Posted

I met my wife Sally on yahoo messenger here in the Seattle area USA. I had met lots of ladies on YM but the secound I layed eyes on her I knew she was different, she had a quality about her and I was mesmorised . From that day forward never a day went by that we did'nt see each other. This went on for about a year and then we were married and have been married nearly 3 yrs now.Doug and Sally

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

I met Charity at the forum get together in March, that was held at the Ranch.  Although we didn't get to talk much that night she invited me to a luncheon being held at her tutoring center a couple days later.  From the way she interacted with the children I could tell what a special and sweet lady she is.  After the luncheon I asked if it was ok to call her.  She said yes and I called her the very next day.  We ended up spending everyday together for the rest of my vacation.  The more I got to know her the more I could see what a wonderful lady she is.  Since I've been back in Germany we talked on yahoo everyday...twice most days.  We're engaged now and in the process of getting her visa approved.  With any luck it'll be approved by November, so when I move back to the states, we can move together.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello Doug and Brett (Volstateguy),Oh yeah, you two are happy campers! Looks like you guys have hit the jackpot.Although I have never met you guys, I believe Sally and Charity are very delightedas well.Way to go guys -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Wow, that's a very long courtship Art. Six long years of long distance phone calls, sending flowersand love letters -- you got me beat! I only courted Judy for about 6 months (long distance) untilI asked permission from her Lola to get engaged finally.Respectfully -- Jake
Jake,I'm just a patient type of guy! " Good things come to those who waits!"