Buses To Clark, Are They A Safe Way To Travel?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I recall their is a BUS from MEGA-MALL (cant remember name located near St Francis mall side)

or read the topic below, its at TRINOMA

http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/15017-manilatrinoma-clark-transport-news-you-can-use/

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Boot,

Not sure if this applies if you will stay in a hotel overnight, but perhaps it is helpful to you or others.

Take a look at the DMIA (Clark) web site and the Philtranco bus website. Philtranco runs buses from Pasay direct to the airport. No stop in Dau. My girlfriend used it to meet me at Clark and she said it was a very nice bus. You can buy tickets ahead of time. Philtranco is on the opposite side of the street from Victory. You can see it on Google maps.

DMIA opened a lounge at the mall as per the article Pittman referred to and Philtranco stops there. Is that actually Mega Mall?

If you go via Dau, I noticed something new there too, about 2 weeks ago. DMIA opened a small lounge there (aircon I think) and there is a DMIA jeep there next to the lounge. I believe the DMIA jeep is the only one allowed to enter the airport and I think it is aircon. It is not a typical jeep. I think it is an L300. If you take a regular jeep they stop at the gate and you have to transfer, according to what I read.

We have used Victory Liner from Pasay to Dau/Subic a few times without issue. I don't think there are any issues with stowing luggage underneath on Victory. There is a lot of security at the Pasay terminal.

Don

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thank you guys for keeping me updated on my home island of Luzon.  I am missing home more and more.  

From my own perspective, you should try riding a local non aircon minibus with the music blasting.  Both

sides of the minibus are open with hard wooden benches.  Prepare to run as you attempt to get on or off.

Perhaps sitting beside you is a Lola (grandma) smokin' a rolled up cigar and carrying her basket of fresh

baluts and a small squealing pig.  

Ahh.....the music is still blastin' Proud Mary from a 5000 watt, 12 speaker system -- driven by an 8 track

player.....he, he.

Ahh....to be home again

• Like 3