My Start To Living In Pi

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Thanks mike. I will be looking for a motercycle not a car (but if he is a good wrench - no worries). I trust myself on 2 wheels with these crazy drivers better then on 4. Rode triles up until a year ago and will need all those skills just to keep it upright :)

Dave

• Like 4

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

enjoy and good luck

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

So far so goood but it IS DIFFERENT. Some adjustment is required Dave

Don't worry Dave...... Just give them some time and THEY will adjust to your presence...... :thumbsup:  :hystery:

Glad you made it! Just remember it could be worse.... like moving to Borneo and THEN learning that those stories about head hunters having all been from the pre 1950's and all dead now are false stories made up to protect the tourism industry... Wait! Anyone hear drums??? :hystery:

So relax.. no head hunters in Davao..... kidnappers aplenty... but no head hunters.....

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

:welcome:    and thanks for sharing your experience so far,

have you been able to OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT? what was the experience?

have you located where a doctors/health clinic you feel comfortable with?

any health issues or body adjustments?

did you update your shots before you left? esp Tetanus..

the items bought for your house. are you satisfied with the quality of them?

and ...any brown/black outs? 

have you bought rechargeable lights yet?

food items? have you located a store that has the ITEMS YOU LIKE/ENJOY?..

• Like 2

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

:welcome:    and thanks for sharing your experience so far,

have you been able to OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT? what was the experience?

have you located where a doctors/health clinic you feel comfortable with?

any health issues or body adjustments?

did you update your shots before you left? esp Tetanus..

the items bought for your house. are you satisfied with the quality of them?

and ...any brown/black outs?

have you bought rechargeable lights yet?

food items? have you located a store that has the ITEMS YOU LIKE/ENJOY?..

Have not had time to try opening a bank account yet.

Have already been to the hospital (san pedro) and it seems ok but I had to adjust to "wait in this line" and then "wait in this line" and then "wait in this line".......

I think I will need to adjust to that in a lot of places in PI

Did not get and shots befor I left

no brown/black outs yet but I know that is coming.

Rechargeable lights? I assume that is in ref to the above question. Nope - have not bought yet but will put it on my list.

FOOD???? I don't like any food and when I was here last summer for 4 months (in hotels)  I lost over 20 pounds cause there was nothing I would eat, but now with my own house, my own ref, my own stove, I am eating the way I want (even thought I have to do my own cooking :) )

worst experience has been with SkyCable. Horrible customer service. never showed when they said. never answered their phones and I had to take a taxi into the office every day to complain and get some action. 7 days later - i have internet.

next big step within the next week is to go get my first extension (was not available at the davao airport). Have not had time to know where I will go to get it but needs to happen soon.

I will also look into BPI account.

Will keep you posted as I live and learn

Dave

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Glad you are adjusting. In reading your post, you seem to report the facts without any anger or buyer's remorse which is a good thing. :thumbsup:

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Glad you are adjusting. In reading your post, you seem to report the facts without any anger or buyer's remorse which is a good thing. :thumbsup:

I am a very impatient and easy to anger person - BUT, I am not in my environment so I am also realistic - I need to adjust. Having been here before and having been married to a Filipino for 7 years I did not come in blind.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I am a very impatient and easy to anger person - BUT, I am not in my environment so I am also realistic - I need to adjust. Having been here before and having been married to a Filipino for 7 years I did not come in blind.

Yeah... me too...... But I try to not yell to much in the Philippines. Back in the US, I used to tell certain employees of mine that..... if you teach a dog, over and over how to do a task.... sooner or later.... the dog gets it!