Fly From Aussie To Manila For $250

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I'm coming back yahoooo :) I could not resist, I committed myself to come back in May as I found a special offer to get a 1 way ticket from Sydney to Manila for around $250 and I miss my fiancée too much even though I don't mind it here in OZ besides missing her....

So if other Aussies want to get back and you didn't feel like spending a grand with other airlines or whatever and don't mind budgeting a little then get it quick as the sale ends on Monday ;) I think the travel dates are from April 10 to June sometime?

Now for the fine details: I would not actually recommend taking a guitar on Jetstar flights as they lost the last one I took last trip when it got to Manila but something tells me it was the guys at the airport in Manila that lost It  .. anyway I was  lucky I dug up an old Martin guitar receipt and they sent me back nearly 2k, funny thing is I can't remember if that was the same guitar now hhmn :) anyway that 2k came in real handy and It meant I could stay a little longer. Jetstar were hard to get hold of and get someone to help with it but after some perseverance they delivered.

I'm also now on a deadline to get my sh&t together and get ready and make some cash so time to get back to work... I can't wait to see my fiancée, just called her to let her know :)

• Like 4

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Did you buy the ticket or just see an advert? I think the price may be right.... But the taxes are not yet applied. But of you bought the ticket and have a receipt saying the price is $250 total, then I guess Sir Tom will be coming up for a short holiday to collect on the beer I owe him..... :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Did you buy the ticket or just see an advert? I think the price may be right.... But the taxes are not yet applied. But of you bought the ticket and have a receipt saying the price is $250 total, then I guess Sir Tom will be coming up for a short holiday to collect on the beer I owe him..... :cheersty:

No I wont as from my search it is more than that plus I would need both ways. Also I do not live in Sydney so my price is different and then add tax plus a flight from Manila to Cebu both ways and for the trouble I could; if I had to get on Singapore airlines direct to Cebu for $1075 so without checking out the Manila to Cebu section cost I doubt if I would be much better off.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

The round trip from LA to Manila and back again is 'just' about $600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   PLUS taxes of over $500......

Prior to the law changing a year or so ago, when using PAL you did not see the actual true cost until you were 1/2 way finished or more in planning a potential trip. Now, you see it on the page after you choose your actual dates.

So it looks to me as if the $250 trip From Sidney to Manila is missing the taxes. Also, since it is one way, need to buy a throw away or return ticket.  

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

I rounded it off at $250. If you live in Sydney or Melbourne then buy the ticket to Darwin then the Darwin to Manila or if you don't mind spending an extra $10 - $20 then just order it as a total ticket. My exact price came to ( and yes they added roughly $20 tax on top which is included below)....

Sydney to Darwin: $137.50 AUD

Darwin to Manila: $117.50 AUD 

Sydney & Melbourne is usually the dearest to Darwin I think so you shouldn't be paying much more, if anything cheaper....

just go to Jetstar and put in your dates one way (return is another story) and select a date after April 10 and you should see a range of prices over 30 days and they can vary considerably so look carefully for one that suits you.

I took no baggage or any extras this time so I got as cheap as possible. I will eat lots of food on stops, not paying nearly $20 for a tiny airplane meal. I have most of my stuff over there so I figured I will just take my large carry on bag and my laptop bag.

the good thing is the flight leaves Sydney at night, get to Darwin around 1am and an hour or so later take off for Manila so little waiting and getting to Manila in morning is ideal as I want to just head straight to Cebu... I will be able to sleep the flight away and get to manila to start the next day. Nothing worse than having to find a hotel and pay taxis in Manila at night..

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Manila to Cebu section cost I doubt if I would be much better off.

yeah I have to get that but most times in the past it has only been around 500 pesos and no more than 1000. Plus my flight arrives in the morning so I don't need to stay overnight in Manila. So I will look for manila to Cebu over the weekend and see what I can find plus a throw away ticket...

• Like 1

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Nothing wrong with Jetstar. I had to go back to Oz to tie up some loose ends and i came back in January with them.My fare was $307 ex Brisbane all in.For anyone looking at this, i can tell you that the advertised fares on the Jetstar website fluctuate wildly from day to day.They go up, they come down,you need to monitor it every day until you see a fare which you're happy with and grab it.

Thought i'd done real well until i talked to a bloke at the airport who reckoned he paid $246 for his ticket!

You need to have a good feed at Sydney because you won't find much at Darwin airport.Also do what i did and get the Airport Shuttle Bus at Manila.It's a free service (which will cost you P20 hahahaha)It runs continuously between terminals 1,2,3, and 4.

Happy trip mate!

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Nothing wrong with Jetstar. I had to go back to Oz to tie up some loose ends and i came back in January with them.My fare was $307 ex Brisbane all in.For anyone looking at this, i can tell you that the advertised fares on the Jetstar website fluctuate wildly from day to day.They go up, they come down,you need to monitor it every day until you see a fare which you're happy with and grab it.

Thought i'd done real well until i talked to a bloke at the airport who reckoned he paid $246 for his ticket!

You need to have a good feed at Sydney because you won't find much at Darwin airport.Also do what i did and get the Airport Shuttle Bus at Manila.It's a free service (which will cost you P20 hahahaha)It runs continuously between terminals 1,2,3, and 4.

Happy trip mate!

How long did you wait in Darwin Bundy? 

Bundy
Posted
Posted

How long did you wait in Darwin Bundy?

A bloody long time Uncle Jolly,

There used to be a flight leaving Brisbane at 8pm but for some reason it got cancelled so i left at around lunch time which meant that i was sitting in Darwin for about 11 hrs!

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

wow 11 hours, that is a long time to be hanging out there at the small airport but I guess you could take a tour for the day. My flight is only about an hour wait. You can see the times in the details when you look at the available tickets.

yeah I always use the shuttles going to other terminals but these things you learn from experience as my first trips I was conned into a taxi for 250 pesos or something...

• Like 1