Last Week In March-Holy Week Closures-Notices

holy week post  

9 members have voted

1. 1. were you aware of the holy week closures ?

• yes
    • no
    • doesnt apply,dont live here
    • my mommy makes the decisions in the house
    • heard of it but not really sure
  2. 2. will you have "extra" to avoid running out?

• yes
    • no
    • doesnt apply dont live here
    • my mommy will make sure i am taken care of

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

By the way, are there any crucifictions scheduled for Friday?

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

By the way, are there any  scheduled for Friday?

hummm, lets see what Forum support has in store??

listed below is the 1st i have seen so far.

SL%2Bcrucifixion.jpg

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

By the way, are there any crucifictions scheduled for Friday?

Generally I do not discuss whats in store for some members or the schedule  :hystery:

:nudie:  :crack-up:

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I did not realize it was Easter until the bank manager rudely informed me. If she is an example of christian i am glad i quit church right after graduating seminary :)

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Below is one of my previous post:

As a Filipino I still find the ceremony of Penitentia during the Holy week a bit morbid for me. First, let's get to the definition: feeling or expressing humble or regretful pain or sorrow for sins or offenses. Just about every road and street throughout the Philippines will be filled with parading young males whipping themselves with homemade flagellation tools, mostly made of bamboo sticks. Prior to the start of their long march, they would purposely have someone make small incisions on their backs to induce bleeding. You would also see a person dragging the heavy cross. North of Manila (I forgot the exact location), hanging from the cross becomes a major tourist attraction. One Belgian woman would make an annual visit, bringing her own set of nickel plated spikes to prevent infection. Bus loads of Japanese tourist and street vendors would fill the festive air. Although the church does not condone this practice, massive commercialization is quite apparent.

One thing that would directly affect the new expat is massive traffic of people and vehicles. In other words, you won't get very far or will take you hours to conduct your daily errands. This is one of the cultures that may not be agreeable to you. For 3 hundred years of Spanish influences, the mindset of a typical Filipino is a mixture of many conquerors of both good and bad.

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

I vaguely remember a story on tv years back about a scottish guy who was set to be the person crucified at one big event they have I think its somewhere in Pampanga?

Well there was a big story about him & the day after the event it was reported that he changed his mind & ran away :hystery:

I guess he may have had too much whiskey when he volunteered for that one! :cheersty:

• Like 1