Why, Carcar, What Did I Ever Do To You?

Jake
Posted
Posted

Damn you, Carcar, and your salty, crispy, cholesterol-laden porkskin siren song! How many good men's diets will you ruin before you are appeased?!?!

photo6_zps85dd55c4.jpg

Howdy Will,

I think you are adapting quite well out in the wild, wild East.  The famous Carcar pork skins

makes a deadly combination with baluts and some San Magoo to wash it down.

Blazing Saddles.....Texas style! 

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bush No. 1 ate pork rind in the White House. He is still alive. Lyndon B. Johnson also ate pork rind in the White House. He is dead. Ergo. Pork rinds are neither good nor bad for you.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 2

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Love that chicharon with vinegar!  Have any of you tried chicken chicharon?  It made my wife want to genetically engineer chicken that is all skin.

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Love that chicharon with vinegar! Have any of you tried chicken chicharon? It made my wife want to genetically engineer chicken that is all skin.

Much, much better than pork chicharon. I really missed it and the 5 additional kilos added around my belly.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Then there's chicharon bituka, chicharon bulaklak, and a few others still.  There is one that I don't know the name of, but apparently utilizes the esophagus.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Wasn't it during our last conversation on chicharon that we ended up with the photos and recipes for Pig's Anuses? 

:mocking:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Then there's chicharon bituka, chicharon bulaklak, and a few others still. There is one that I don't know the name of, but apparently utilizes the esophagus.

None of those fancy parts for me. Just the chicken skin fried to a crispy perfection with a very light sprinkle of coconut vinegar. This topic is making me hungry.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well, there for a while there was a 'fried pig skin' diet craze as an answer to high CARB snacks. Dietians went crazy ! Some had to be restrained! But the logic is that if you want to lose weight on a low carb diet / no carb diet, the fried pig skin (you supply local name as needed) made some limited sense for a short duration diet.

As a side note, I have been know to buy and eat as an afternoon snack from the small convience store close to the pawn / gun shop I used to own. One day I asked the owner if he was a muslim. Yes he said. I then asked if he had any 'issues' handling or selling them. None! As it was for business! Smart man....  

Edited by Bruce

Americano
Posted
Posted

I have heard a lot of Filipinos say that Carcar has the best pork chicharon.  When my wife's family come up from Mindanao to visit us they always take some Carcar chicharon back home with them.  I don't know what they do differently in Carcar but it must be something.  You can buy it here in Carcar without the fancy package and probably a lot cheaper too.

• Like 1