Why, Carcar, What Did I Ever Do To You?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

As a side note, I have been know to buy and eat as an afternoon snack from the small convience store close to the pawn / gun shop I used to own. One day I asked the owner if he was a muslimj. Yes he said. I then asked if he had any 'issues' handling or selling them. None! As it was for business! Smart man....

My father once hosted a party and there were guests from Indonesia. They brought out the proverbial lechon as the centerpiece for the buffet table. At that instant, he realized some of his guests were Muslim. My father profusely apologized. Their response was, "No problem. We are not in Indonesia." As a gesture of solidarity, they also ate lechon. Maybe they were just hungry.

I also heard stories that Saudis visiting Europe or the United States will drink liquor, which is absolutely forbidden back home.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As a side note, I have been know to buy and eat as an afternoon snack from the small convience store close to the pawn / gun shop I used to own. One day I asked the owner if he was a muslimj. Yes he said. I then asked if he had any 'issues' handling or selling them. None! As it was for business! Smart man....

My father once hosted a party and there were guests from Indonesia. They brought out the proverbial lechon as the centerpiece for the buffet table. At that instant, he realized some of his guests were Muslim. My father profusely apologized. Their response was, "No problem. We are not in Indonesia." As a gesture of solidarity, they also ate lechon. Maybe they were just hungry.

I also heard stories that Saudis visiting Europe or the United States will drink liquor, which is absolutely forbidden back home.

Many people, when visiting other cultures, will do as those cultures do.  Some, even though it may be against their faith, will recognise that their faith will allow for some discretions in the sake of unity and peace.

:thumbsup: