Canadian Nearly Murdered By His Wife And Her Family Members.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

"CEBU, Philippines - Criminal complaints for attempted parricide, physical injuries and slander by deed were filed by a Canadian against his wife, father-in-law and brother-in law before the Cebu Provincial Prosecutor’s Office last Thursday.

In his judicial complaint-affidavit, Chandrabalan Shanmugam, a resident of Cansubing, Buagsong, Cordova, Cebu alleged that on January 9, 2013 at around 10:00 a.m. his wife attempted to kill him.

“My wife Raquel Salgados Shanmugan tried to kill me by stabbing me with a kitchen knife, while my brother-in law Canuto Salgados and father-in law Ananias Salgados both assaulted me and inflicted in me physical injuries,” the affidavit reads."

I bet there is more to this story.

http://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2013/04/07/927927/canadian-sues-wife-laws-attempted-parricide-earlier-wife-also-sued

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

quote name='Old55' timestamp='1365302566' post='94578'] I bet there is more to this story.

He said his wife left their conjugal house in December last year over a misunderstanding.

Yep and thats where it all started. 

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

So I guess in the Philippines   the term " Parracide" is not restricted to killing of ones parents?     here it was the both the husband and wife filing complaint against each other for attempted parracide.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Chandrabalan Shanmugam

Canadian eh?  I wonder if he is the same Canadian I found on a web search who spent the last 6 years in Canada, the 9 years before that in Tanzania, and the previous rest of his life in India.  But Canadian sounds better than Tanzanian or Indian right?  Some people just can't take it that lifelong Canadians are such great people and they find ways to make us look bad.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Mr. Chandrabalan Shanmugam.................. Well Canada is like the US and UK in that many Indian's are citizens.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I wonder if he was an Eskimo and just migrated to Canada or do they have Eskimo's in Canada ...... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

brock
Posted
Posted

If he had stabbed her, He would be locked up now....Why isnt she ?

My friend in Cebu was stabbed by his wife, He was holding her wrists to stop her stabbing him again when the police arrived, She was still holding the knife when they came....He was the one who was locked up...because his wife had bruises on her wrists from him restraining her, It didn't matter that he had stab wounds....Always the foreigners fault.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Some people just can't take it that lifelong Canadians are such great people and they find ways to make us look bad

Ive never heard of anyone out to make Canadians look bad? The news report was probably written with the info provided and I doubt if a reporter has any grudge on Canadians.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Killing of familyAborticide – the act of killing a fetus in the womb
Familicide - is a multiple-victim homicide where a killer's spouse and children are slain.
Feticide (or foeticide) - the act of killing a fetus in the uterus or causing an abortion
Filicide – the act of a parent killing his or her son or daughter.
Fratricide – the act of killing a brother, also in military context death by friendly fire.
Geronticide – the abandonment of the elderly to die, commit suicide or be killed. See also Senicide.
Honor-killing – the act of killing a family member who has or was perceived to have brought disgrace to the family.
Infanticide – the act of killing a child within the first year of its life.
Mariticide - the act of killing one's spouse, especially the murder of a husband by his wife.
Matricide – the act of killing one's mother.
Neonaticide - the act of killing an infant within the first twenty-four hours or month (varies by individual and jurisdiction) of its life.
Parricide – (also Parenticide) the killing of one's mother or father or other close relative.
Patricide – the act of killing of one's father.
Prolicide – the act of killing one's own children.
Senicide – the killing of one's elderly family members when they can no longer work or become a burden.
Sororicide – the act of killing one's sister.
Uxoricide – the act of killing one's wife

Ive never heard of anyone out to make Canadians look bad? The news report was probably written with the info provided and I doubt if a reporter has any grudge on Canadians.

Of course not. Those Canadians, especially, those 'life long' Canadians (very well put, Dave, I will remember that line) are very polite people!

brock
Posted
Posted

You forgot Foreigncide in the Philippines.....The act of Killing a Foreigner.......Wellllll, Theirs plenty more  :)

• Like 2