Tcl Led Tvs

Jake
Posted
Posted

OH NO.....ANOTHER GEEK ALERT   Right on OMW!  I am now curious just how a converter regulator (any brand) handle the fluctuations off the grid.   Do you have a DVM (digital volt meter)?  Look at the 220vac input and then compare the voltage variations on the output side (110vac).  If the regulator is doing its job, you shouldn't see much of a swing and definitely, no spikes.     With the AC input remaining stable, the internal power supply of your LCD TV is a happy camper converting AC to nice and clean DC voltages (3.5v, 5v, 12v and 24vdc).  May i suggest again about reducing the factory settings of brightness, contrast and backlight (if adjustable).     By the way, how are the selections of DVD's and BlueRay disks over there?  I bet ya that playing AVATAR in high definition is awesome on your new LG.  I'm coming over with a 12 pack and popcorn, OK?  

I don't have a digital meter but I have an old analog one coming over in a BB box.  Maybe I will pick up a digital one if they are cheap.

DVDs are plentiful and older ones are cheap.  BluRay, I honestly can't remember seeing any but they must be around.

I haven't had time to do much with the TV yet so I am just trying the presets for now.  We will have 7 kids in the house for the next few days so Cartoon Network will get burned into the screen!

A lot of the over the air channels don't look that great on the LG but some look very good.  A bad signal just looks worse on a larger screen.  We don't have HD signal now but I might get it.  My BluRay player is still on the way so I have not tried it yet.  I have some digital 1080p on a hard drive and it looks excellent!

An analog volt meter still works for me.  You're just looking at voltage variations and really not taking

precise measurements.  However, measuring DC voltages are a little more critical.  Whether you're

using an analog or a DVM, the DC voltages should be on the money within its specified tolerance (plus

or minus 5% or better).  

Seven rug rats in your house?  Keep track of your remote.....they tend to grow some legs and get lost

in the Twighlight Zone.....he, he.

Beer and popcorn -- Jake