Boracay

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Last night I was viewing videos on You tube about Boracay night life,how I wish I was 20 years younger.Anyone been there? Looks like a nice beach with white sand,not that brown stuff.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Last night I was viewing videos on You tube about Boracay night life,how I wish I was 20 years younger.Anyone been there? Looks like a nice beach with white sand,not that brown stuff.
I guess no one has been anywhere but Cebu :SugarwareZ-037:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Nope ...... just seen pictures and vids of the place ....... not being a rich kano .... I can't afford to go ...... but according to Julie "in the summer everyone goes to Boracay .... because it's Summer Na" ....... sorry private joke ....... hahahaha

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Panglao island Bohol is very nice. From what I have been told Boracay was fantastic ten years ago. World class! Today the water is polluted the island loud, crowded and dirty. It is the place for young Filipinos to be seen and party.

• 1 year later...
ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)

bumpI love Boracay. I was there last in 2007, first in 2005, and it was still nice. It's crowded in areas, but such a long beach, that you can find quieter areas. It's also quite cheap considering it's status. Because of the hundreds (?) of places to stay, you can still find nice places in cheap season for $20~30/night, and $40~50 in high season. Of course, the larger resorts are pricier, but you can ignore them and find a smaller, but still excellent resort. The great thing about it, besides the water, really is the restaurants and bars. They've got everything for everyone. (Geez, I should write an ad). It's great to be 20~30 years old, but I'd say the average age is 40+. I stayed at Blue Mango, and Daves Straw Hat Inn. The owners are friends. Both are great, but I hear Daves getting the best reviews, even though Mango is right on the beach, with a scuba shop. Dave and his wife really make guests feel at home. Having said all that, I want to check out other places, like Bohol and Palawan, before I get back there, not to mention the smaller places you have the opportunity to "discover" that few others know about.

Edited by ekimswish

MikeB
Posted
Posted

This is an old thread, maybe you've been there since, Boss Man? I've been twice - in 2002 and 2004 (I think) so it's been a while and things change. I found the lodging to be a lot more expensive them most places over there but didn't know (wasn't told) about the cheaper accommodations that ekimswish noted. That's a good tip, one of the best things about forums - sharing information. Also about going off season. A lot of Europeans as I recall. Probably the most beautiful, clean beach and water I've ever seen; not polluted as someone said. Very fun atmosphere at night. I also want to go to Palawan when I go back. If anyone has been and has some tips to share it would be appreciated.Thanks

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
This is an old thread, maybe you've been there since, Boss Man? I've been twice - in 2002 and 2004 (I think) so it's been a while and things change. I found the lodging to be a lot more expensive them most places over there but didn't know (wasn't told) about the cheaper accommodations that ekimswish noted. That's a good tip, one of the best things about forums - sharing information. Also about going off season. A lot of Europeans as I recall. Probably the most beautiful, clean beach and water I've ever seen; not polluted as someone said. Very fun atmosphere at night. I also want to go to Palawan when I go back. If anyone has been and has some tips to share it would be appreciated.Thanks
No I still have not made it but its on my long list of things to do. 36_1_68[1].gif

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)
http://www.facebook....1d&id=656360559http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=124433&l=1f64762cba&id=656360559The first time I went to Boracay was last week of December, 2005, for my brother's wedding to his Korean wife, on the beach. Both of our immediate families showed. My brother arranged for us to stay in both Dave's Straw Hat Inn, and the Blue Mango, where the wedding was. I think my parents paid for me that time (can't remember), but as I was single then, I slept elsewhere each night SugarwareZ-004.gif for only 1000 pesos. The places I stayed for that price weren not nice places, but they served their purpose, and that was high season. Second time I went to Boracay was March or April, 2007. My new, pregnant, wife and I needed to escape the heat and hustle of Marikina, so decided on a whim to set sail to the BI (Boracay Island ;). We got to the airport and there were no more tickets, but we got on a waiting list, and whaddayaknow: we got two seats on the last plane. So we showed up in Boracay around sundown and found out it was the busiest weekend of the year to go, maybe Good Friday or something, and every single place was fully booked. DOH!!!We went to Blue Mango, where the owner, Vaughn, dialed up all of his resort buddies he knew, and no one had anything. So, one of the classiest moves I've ever seen by a resort owner, he gave us his son's room in the dive hostel, and asked him to sleep in the living room of their house! He didn't seem to mind, as we partied together anyways. At the end of the week I was expecting a gigantic bill, but it was only between $200~250, including meals on our tab. That was a nice relief. There were some light seaweed clustering around shallows that time, but nothing to stop you from going in and past it. I hear the sewage is dumped out the back of the island though, so that might be where it's not so nice. Edited by ekimswish

sjp52
Posted
Posted
http://www.facebook....1d&id=656360559http://www.facebook....ba&id=656360559The first time I went to Boracay was last week of December, 2005, for my brother's wedding to his Korean wife, on the beach. Both of our immediate families showed. My brother arranged for us to stay in both Dave's Straw Hat Inn, and the Blue Mango, where the wedding was. I think my parents paid for me that time (can't remember), but as I was single then, I slept elsewhere each night SugarwareZ-004.gif for only 1000 pesos. The places I stayed for that price weren not nice places, but they served their purpose, and that was high season. Second time I went to Boracay was March or April, 2007. My new, pregnant, wife and I needed to escape the heat and hustle of Marikina, so decided on a whim to set sail to the BI (Boracay Island ;). We got to the airport and there were no more tickets, but we got on a waiting list, and whaddayaknow: we got two seats on the last plane. So we showed up in Boracay around sundown and found out it was the busiest weekend of the year to go, maybe Good Friday or something, and every single place was fully booked. DOH!!!We went to Blue Mango, where the owner, Vaughn, dialed up all of his resort buddies he knew, and no one had anything. So, one of the classiest moves I've ever seen by a resort owner, he gave us his son's room in the dive hostel, and asked him to sleep in the living room of their house! He didn't seem to mind, as we partied together anyways. At the end of the week I was expecting a gigantic bill, but it was only between $200~250, including meals on our tab. That was a nice relief. There were some light seaweed clustering around shallows that time, but nothing to stop you from going in and past it. I hear the sewage is dumped out the back of the island though, so that might be where it's not so nice.
Nice pics of Boracay. What did your mom and dad think of the Philippines

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

I think they had a great time. My parents, aunt, sister, brother and his wife all showed up two to three weeks before the wedding, and took it easy. I think they went scuba diving a few times, as my brother and dad had their licences long ago. I showed up right at wedding time. And the Korean in-laws all got only 3 days off work for it. We spent a half a week in Manila after, in Makati, hanging out at Glorietta, shopping, and eating good food. Again, single, I had my fun at night. There was a Cuban bar there, Havana's, which was a really fun scene, and some more nightclubs and lounges nearby. But Havana's had an excellent mix of different age groups. Nothing stopping a 50 or 25 year old from going there and having fun. The live band they had one night was crazy.