Well Stuff Just Happens

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Brett I sincerely hope that your daughter is o/k mate enjoy yourself in the phils with your lady.keep us posted on your travels cheers

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Thanks Lyno.  I've had to extend my lease until August so hopefully all well be well by then.  On the upside I'll have another CPI increase and more time to save before my final departure.  The short, angry one is disappointed of course but also very understanding.  Thank goodness for the the Filipina attitude to family and the like.  I'm going to try to obtain a tourist visa for her and her son in the meantime - I know this is going to be like pushing the proverbial up hill, but I can but try - so she can come and meet my kids and family, we'll just have see how it goes

• Like 5

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear about your daughters illness. Glad to hear the prognosis is good. Sounds like you understand your priorities, being there for your daughter.

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

As most of you know, I was due to make the big move next week; that's not happening.  My elder daughter was recently diagnosed with cervical cancer.  She's only 22 and had been vaccinated against the virus that has been found to cause 90% of cases as part of the free program here for female children whilst in high school - lucky 10%.  I can't reasonably just up and leave.  The prognosis is good,  she's not too sick with the chemo and seems to be responding well.  It's the main reason for my lack of activity on these forums recently.

On the upside I'm still going to visit, arriving on the 19th April in Manila.  Pick my lady up, then we're going for a bit of a trek for the next 8 days.  Heading up to Clark, then down to Subic and maybe on to Boracay for a few days depending on how long I end up scuba diving in Subic.  The itinerary is not set in stone so keep an eye on my movements if you'd like to catch up for a few quiet ones <looks pointedly at a certain ex-USN Filipino> which I'll keep updated on here.

Take care,

Brett

Hello shipmate,

We're really sorry about your untimely predicament.  As EarthDome said above, sometimes priorities 

need to be adjusted.  But you're used to that being in the Royal Australian Navy.  As you may know,

the daily routine in the US Navy is trying to pack 20 lbs of chit into a 10 bag and it was due yesterday!

Hey, come up for some air while you're doing sub surface dives....he, haw!

Warmest regards to your family, Senior Chief!  Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
spill chek
  • Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Sorry to here that Brett ... hopefully they caught it in time ..... I suppose the worst thing that could happen is she can't have kids but she will live through it ..... that is the main thing .... my younger sister had the same thing but she hated kids anyway so she didn't care ..... :hystery:  ..... last I heard she was still kicking and in her 60's ..... best of luck to both of you ..... :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 4

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Hope your daughter kicks cancers @ss.  I'm here in Barretto, just message me if your coming to Subic and want to meet up.  There's a dive shop on the base and then there's Arizona dive center and Johan's in Baloy.

Steve

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Brett, our very best wishes for her quick recovery.

• Like 3

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

Brett, sorry about your daughter. I too am a cancer survivor and understand. I pray for her full recovery.

Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 4