Getting Your 59 Day Extension Before Arriving From The Uk

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

I have a friend of mine coming over for a few months as his girl is about to give birth and theyre also going to get married. He's going crazy trying to sort things out so Im trying to give him a hand with a few things.

My question is where does he have to go in the UK to apply for the 59 day extension? So he its one less thing for him to worry about when he's here, as Im sure it would be a royal pain in the arse travelling from La Union to the closest BI office after only 21 days.

Thanks in advance :cheersty: :)

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

im pretty sure he would just have to go to the consulate or embassy in the uk , i did that here in toronto one year !!

O-U-C

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Philippine consulate??

Sorry to sound dumb!!! :)

• Like 1

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

yeah the Philippine consulate and he will have to bring the fee of course and fill out the paperwork and his passport i dont know if it will be done the same day they didnt do that here in toronto , i had to go back the next day and pick it up !! i hope this helps ??

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 1

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Actually I believe it is NOT an extension your looking for.

Normally a visa obtained from a Philippine embassy or consulate in your home

country are the straight 59 day visa..valid for different number of entries...no extension is involved at this point.

The extension of another 39 days are obtained once the person is in the Phils.

Or optionally.....21 day permission to stay, issued on arrival and then the 39 day extension while in the Phils.

Both methods work out to "about" the same cost. What is saved is the time to visit the consulate or embassy in the Phils

for that 39 "extension"

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

He can do it all by post, send his passport and money to the Philippine embassy in London, The cost if I remember right is about 22 quid,

Go to their website and it will give you all the details of what to do,

Send it by recorded delivery and enclose a recorded return delivery envelope.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

I have a friend of mine coming over for a few months as his girl is about to give birth and theyre also going to get married. He's going crazy trying to sort things out so Im trying to give him a hand with a few things.

My question is where does he have to go in the UK to apply for the 59 day extension? So he its one less thing for him to worry about when he's here, as Im sure it would be a royal pain in the arse travelling from La Union to the closest BI office after only 21 days.

Thanks in advance :cheersty: :)

There is a BI office at Poro Point, San Fernando, La Union. I have used that office several times and there has never been more than 5-6 people waiting and both times took less than an hour to get everything done.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

When I did a visa in the UK I had to send bank statements as well to prove an income. It really is no hassle to get it done here. Brock had his done cheaper than me as I used a company to get mine in the UK and it cost about 200 pounds when you added it all up because I had to go to a public notary to get the form endorsed. If your friend is that busy perhaps you could go for him and get it when he is here.  

bootleultras
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks all,

I've passed on the information to him so he can decide, I didnt realise their was a BI actually in La Union so it doesnt seem like itll be so much of a problem for him to get it while he's over here..........Sonjack although he's a good mate of mine, i wont be helping him on that one..... Bit of a drive from my place to La Union!!! :) Although I'll probably head up there for their wedding. :cheersty:

Edited by bootleultras
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Thanks all,

I've passed on the information to him so he can decide, I didnt realise their was a BI actually in La Union so it doesnt seem like itll be so much of a problem for him to get it while he's over here..........Sonjack although he's a good mate of mine, i wont be helping him on that one..... Bit of a drive from my place to La Union!!! :) Although I'll probably head up there for their wedding. :cheersty:

Hi Mate 

So it`s not too far when beer is involved haha

• Like 1