Getting Your 59 Day Extension Before Arriving From The Uk

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

the only problem with applying before you go is that you are giving them a reason to not let you in the Philippines. They will check you out and ask you a lot of questions and will want to see some documents etc. Much easier just to get it there....

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Why not get the first extension at the airport when he arrives?  Several have mentioned in other threads that it works well, so I was going to give it a try next time.

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Why not get the first extension at the airport when he arrives?  Several have mentioned in other threads that it works well, so I was going to give it a try next time.

True, they offered me to do it there last time I arrived. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

It's funny but I think most of us forget about this one...  Yet it is probably the best way to do it!

Thanks OMW!   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

It's funny but I think most of us forget about this one...  Yet it is probably the best way to do it!

Thanks OMW!   :thumbsup:

doesn't it work out more costly if you get it at airport on arrival rather than wait to the 21 days are nearly up? From what I remember you basically lose the FREE 21 days or is that not the case?

earthdome
Posted
Posted
doesn't it work out more costly if you get it at airport on arrival rather than wait to the 21 days are nearly up? From what I remember you basically lose the FREE 21 days or is that not the case?

They add 38 days to the 21 days giving you a total of 59 days.

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

They add 38 days to the 21 days giving you a total of 59 days.

I might do that too then

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

From my own experience, it all depends on what time your flight arrives in Manila or Cebu i am not sure what time they actually finish BUT the last time I tried to do it at the Airport I was told, I would have to go to a field office as the in charge, was now off duty and only he, could issue the waiver, seems if you arrive after 7 pm at night, chances are the immigration office will be closed and all you have is the Passport control shift on Duty. Of course you may be lucky, the day shift in charge, may still be there, but things have changed so many times over the last few years. According to the Web site  the immigration Officers have discretion but as there is money involved I tend to think it has to go through the office, 

Anyway, best of luck, maybe you could keep us informed on this issue, I am sure many, will be Glad of factual and up to date happenings at the airport immigration 

There have been some rather harsh Hand Slapping of late ( So we are told.) as we know, it is always the little tourist that pays the penalty when someone gets caught out.

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Can someone tell me where the office is at the Manila airport? I will be arriving early in morning so I'm not sure it will be open but it might be better before I'm departing at terminal 3 in the afternoon after I go to Aussie embassy to get my CNI.

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

When you stand in line at the immigration counter, there are a set of windows to the left this is where they do the extensions. If you just tell the immigration officer you're planning on staying longer than 21 days they will point it out to you & you'll know for sure if its open or not without having to search and then queue up again.

• Like 1