Wanted To Rent - House Or Apartment Cebu City May

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi there folks, when I get to Cebu late in May I will be looking to rent a place. My fiancée started a job recently in Emall so we want to find a place somewhere close enough for her to get to work and back easily. We are quiet and respectful tenants plus I'm a property owner myself. We need to keep costs minimal initially as well until we are in a better position and the requirements are as follows:

# Cost: Under 12,000 pesos for rent per month

# Pay per Month (no long term contracts)

# 1 - 2 bedrooms or even a large studio

# Good kitchen important as we cook a lot

# security Important

# Apartment on 5th floor or higher preferred to avoid pollution or at least have a little cleaner air and for added security.

# No Furniture needed as we have our own fridge, TV etc although we would prefer it already has a bed and proper Oven.

# Must have views or windows etc and not be a place with hardly any windows etc.

# Peace & Quiet location, neighbors a priority!

thanks in advance, please PM with any specific info or post here for general comments.

Edited by Adventurer

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Wish I could help ya Adventurer but as you know we just recently departed Cebu ..... the apartment we had was only about 10 min. ride from Emall but it is only 4 stories tall but the rent for a 2 bedroom was 10,500 and included cable tv and half-arsed WiFi ..... electricity is on a sub-meter and we weren't happy about that ... we now pay half what we did then .... there are quite a few apartment buildings in that area ..... and the area is fairly safe ..... but if you need something to move into before getting here it might be kinda tough ...... it is on Katipunan Rd. in Labangon .... Dona Esperanza village ......called the PCC Building ..... Kenneth Kuan .... # 511-98-90 ......  :thumbsup:  :cheersty: 

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

thanks Mike, I will keep that one on our list/

If I had a choice I would live about 1 -2 hours out of the city and in a rural province with a garden etc but since my fiancée has this job then we have to stay there for another 4-5 months until she finishes the contract. Mainly so she can have a good resume for when we apply for her visa plus she enjoys having a job.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Oh and by the way he will do a 6 mo contract as he has students that take reviews only one block away ..... but don't worry there is a security guard so if they get noisy you can tell him to tell them to shut up .... we used to ..... :hystery: :hystery:

Opppps my asawa just told me that the above number is no good or maybe the office anyway here is his cell phone number ......... 09178355538

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

Lordblacknail
Posted
Posted

As I said elsewhere, there are two nice houses in my subdivision for rent.

• 4 weeks later...
Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

hi mate, can you pm me the details If it is in 1 jeep ride to E-Mall so my fiancée can get to her job or maybe 2 rides.

I should also say that we might be able to pay up to 25,000 per month now as we want to find something comfortable. We don't want any long term contracts though but may sign up to 3 months.

We had a look at one today that was close to her work. it was only 8,000 but it was 12 months and too small although new. They then showed us other ones upstairs for 15,000 on month to month. We were nearly going to take it then but we decided not too as they kept changing the costs. She told us I only have to pay 15,000 to move in and the electricity and water is included. Then after she spoke on the phone it changed to 1 month plus 1 month bond 30,000 (which is fair enough but they should have told us first) but the deal breaker was that we would have to pay all water and power plus now pay 20,000 per month as they will provide air-con even though we didn't want air-con... lol... it was not worth 20k per month as it was too small for a start.

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

hi mate, can you pm me the details If it is in 1 jeep ride to E-Mall so my fiancée can get to her job or maybe 2 rides.

I should also say that we might be able to pay up to 25,000 per month now as we want to find something comfortable. We don't want any long term contracts though but may sign up to 3 months.

We had a look at one today that was close to her work. it was only 8,000 but it was 12 months and too small although new. They then showed us other ones upstairs for 15,000 on month to month. We were nearly going to take it then but we decided not too as they kept changing the costs. She told us I only have to pay 15,000 to move in and the electricity and water is included. Then after she spoke on the phone it changed to 1 month plus 1 month bond 30,000 (which is fair enough but they should have told us first) but the deal breaker was that we would have to pay all water and power plus now pay 20,000 per month as they will provide air-con even though we didn't want air-con... lol... it was not worth 20k per month as it was too small for a start.

I wonder how many people agree in person or over the phone to a contract / lease and then sign without noticing things have changed on the contract from that which was agreed upon...

Any  suckers  leasers get taken on that willing to admit it?

:mocking:

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Update:

yesterday I got on the net and went to all the classified websites and made a list of some condos that looked OK. I sent a text to them all but only got one reply (although I got plenty of replies later that day). I seen an ad for a condo to rent at Ramos Towers in Cebu and the photos looked good, new, and comfortable looking plus close to my girlfriend's work. So I decided to get a ride there and see if I could talk to the security guards etc and see if they know of any condos in the building for rent. A guy took me around to the main entrance as I had missed that and went the back way. It was good to see a very professional hotel like layout and a front admin desk, not like when I stayed at Winland towers which was a bit of a dump when you walked in at least although the condos are spacious there.

So I was taken to an agent who had an office nearby and I told her I was looking to rent a condo if there was any available. She took me up the superfast lift and was going to show me two of them and the first one we looked at the owners were still living in it and apparently had told her only hours before that they wanted to rent it out as they would go back and live on the other island. So they seemed fine and we had a chat and the place looked great although maybe a little smaller than I wanted (27sm) but not too bad. It is furnished but I told them we would rather they take their TV & fridge as we had our own anyway but they will leave the doable bed for us so we don't have to buy one. It had a little deck outside with tables and chairs with good views of the city, the waterfront toward Bohol I think and of the mountains behind Cebu. it is about halfway up so it's got pretty good views and fairly clean air. We will pay 18,500 per month starting from next week on a 6 month lease but if we wanted to move out after 4 months they will return the 1 month bond as long as we give them two weeks notice. The apartment is quite new and stylish, comfortable etc so we are happy to find it and it was only the 2nd place I looked at and I was not looking forward to spending days running around Cebu looking for places so it was good to get it over and done with quickly.

So sometimes the best way is to just find a couple of condo buildings on the web that interest you and go there in person. ;)

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I wonder how many people agree in person or over the phone to a contract / lease and then sign without noticing things have changed on the contract from that which was agreed upon...

Any  suckers  leasers get taken on that willing to admit it?

:mocking:

I think they figured to put a kano tax in.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Update:

yesterday I got on the net and went to all the classified websites and made a list of some condos that looked OK. I sent a text to them all but only got one reply (although I got plenty of replies later that day). I seen an ad for a condo to rent at Ramos Towers in Cebu and the photos looked good, new, and comfortable looking plus close to my girlfriend's work. So I decided to get a ride there and see if I could talk to the security guards etc and see if they know of any condos in the building for rent. A guy took me around to the main entrance as I had missed that and went the back way. It was good to see a very professional hotel like layout and a front admin desk, not like when I stayed at Winland towers which was a bit of a dump when you walked in at least although the condos are spacious there.

So I was taken to an agent who had an office nearby and I told her I was looking to rent a condo if there was any available. She took me up the superfast lift and was going to show me two of them and the first one we looked at the owners were still living in it and apparently had told her only hours before that they wanted to rent it out as they would go back and live on the other island. So they seemed fine and we had a chat and the place looked great although maybe a little smaller than I wanted (27sm) but not too bad. It is furnished but I told them we would rather they take their TV & fridge as we had our own anyway but they will leave the doable bed for us so we don't have to buy one. It had a little deck outside with tables and chairs with good views of the city, the waterfront toward Bohol I think and of the mountains behind Cebu. it is about halfway up so it's got pretty good views and fairly clean air. We will pay 18,500 per month starting from next week on a 6 month lease but if we wanted to move out after 4 months they will return the 1 month bond as long as we give them two weeks notice. The apartment is quite new and stylish, comfortable etc so we are happy to find it and it was only the 2nd place I looked at and I was not looking forward to spending days running around Cebu looking for places so it was good to get it over and done with quickly.

So sometimes the best way is to just find a couple of condo buildings on the web that interest you and go there in person. ;)

You have proven once again what so many other members will say...

To find the best deals in apartments, you have to get out and look!  Don't rely on what is printed as advertisements!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1