How About Kia?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thomas ..... the info I gave you is for an import used car ... there are Kia dealerships here and they sell new as well as used cars .... so what is on the OR and CR could be the actual year make of the car ..... sorry if I confused you or anyone else .... you have to find out if the car was brought in as surplus or not ........  :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas ..... the info I gave you is for an import used car ... there are Kia dealerships here and they sell new as well as used cars .... so what is on the OR and CR could be the actual year make of the car ..... sorry if I confused you or anyone else .... you have to find out if the car was brought in as surplus or not ........  :thumbsup: :cheersty:

No problem. Your information was GOOD  :)   (=HOW to check the numbers to know the production years.)

Probably the cheap ones are imported (=older) than the ad say, flooded or something, because they seem to cheap compared to some other KIAs. So it seem I have to buy a Toyota Owner MT (which is old, but not corroding as others and easier to repair) or a (new) Suzuki Minivan to stay under what I'm prepared to pay for a car, without it being to old.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You can also get Suzuki 4x4 similar to the Toyota.  And they are very very easy to work on.  One thing to think about - how are the roads where you will be living...  Any big hills?  Lower lands?  Mud roads?  What will it be like driving in the wet season when it's severe?  In the country maybe a 4x4 will be better for  you and then again maybe not.  That is a decision you will need to make.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

You can also get Suzuki 4x4 similar to the Toyota.  And they are very very easy to work on.  One thing to think about - how are the roads where you will be living...  Any big hills?  Lower lands?  Mud roads?  What will it be like driving in the wet season when it's severe?  In the country maybe a 4x4 will be better for  you and then again maybe not.  That is a decision you will need to make.

Yes, I suppouse I will settle in hills, so I doubt a 660cc engine is strong enough. (But I know there are 1000cc in some of the newer Suzuki Minivans.)  Plan to settle where the baranggay road is concrete/asphalt, and I hope I can afford to build a good enough (gravel) road all the way from that public road to my home, so no mudd driving needed, I hope.  But perhaps it will be needed for business transports fetching/delivering, then I will need to include that in choosing too.

And my bad knee want automatic  :)  I suppose the mounted cars can be exchanged to automatic rather easy, when it don't have allready. (Some such have automatic.)

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

Kia is a very nicely made vehicle if it is not too old.   The reason I say that is, before Hyundai bought them out, there were a lot of quality issues as well as parts availability...  Not severe but enough it may give you a headache.  If you get one that is about 2 or 3 years in with Hyundai (depending on model), it will be pretty close to the same vehicle with some minor changes or a slightly different body / appearance.  

I have owned several Hyundai's and would own another or a Kia if the price is right.  I do have one serious question about them.  Here in Canada, the parts are expensive.  Is it the same in the Philippines?

:89:

I believe Kia parts are expensive everywhere. Used parts might be cheaper in the PI ?

Edited by robert k

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

I love my diesel Kia

• Like 1

oinkoink
Posted
Posted

Ive found out best to to avoid Fords at all costs in the P I  spare parts prices and dealer issues , the korean not so bad really if not to old. but Nissan Toyota Honda really just keep on going and going , well don't they ..

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Ive found out best to to avoid Fords at all costs in the P I  spare parts prices and dealer issues , the korean not so bad really if not to old. but Nissan Toyota Honda really just keep on going and going , well don't they ..

Yes, I have liked the Toyotas I have had,, 

but KIA often cost less, that's why I wondered if they can be an alternative  :)

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Kia is a very nicely made vehicle if it is not too old.   The reason I say that is, before Hyundai bought them out, there were a lot of quality issues as well as parts availability...  Not severe but enough it may give you a headache.  If you get one that is about 2 or 3 years in with Hyundai (depending on model), it will be pretty close to the same vehicle with some minor changes or a slightly different body / appearance.  

I have owned several Hyundai's and would own another or a Kia if the price is right.  I do have one serious question about them.  Here in Canada, the parts are expensive.  Is it the same in the Philippines?

:89:

From around what year models are they OK?

The models from this year look good 

post-1-0-35752300-1368791922_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted
The models from this year look good model.jpg

Hummmm wonder if one could test drive both ...... not at the same time of course ..... that might cause a CRACK UP ...... :mocking: :mocking: :cheersty:

• Like 1