Visa Extension Question

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately I think I may already know the answer to my own question but just checking if someone more knowledgeable knows better.

Does anyone know if its possible to extend your tourist visa by an extra week or so?

The reason I ask is that after my next extension which will run to July 17, I have to take a short trip out of the country which i would be doing on around the 25th, seems like a total pain in the arse to pay everything for the extension and then have to leave anyway. Would overstaying be an option? Although Im really not keen on that option.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

The minimum extension, (after your initial 59 days), has been 1 month in my experience.  With all the fees they tack on it is not much cheaper than a two month.  If you are extending the 21 day Visa Waiver then it will always be for an additional 38 days.

Edit:  Remember, what you see as a pain in the arse, they see as a money making opportunity

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

samatm
Posted
Posted

No and Yes.     You can pay for your  extention and fine at the airport.    good luck. 

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Is it a big problem overstaying.....do they give you a hard time at the airport? I dont want to do anything that could have me being denied entry when I come back a week later.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Is it a big problem overstaying.....do they give you a hard time at the airport? I dont want to do anything that could have me being denied entry when I come back a week later.

Or could cause you to miss your flight. 

• Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted

no worries at all.   It happens all the time.   They want you to come back and spend more of your hard earned £££s . 

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Overstaying your visa can result in fines and possibly detention - and we know what happens after detention...

Bye-Bye...  

:SugarwareZ-034:

Just not worth the risk if you ask me...   :tiphat:

brock
Posted
Posted

I overstayed once by 2 days, They told me I had to pay nearly 5000 fine, I told them I didnt have any money and that i would post it to them when I got back to England, The supervisor there wanted me to post it to him direct, His name was Gonzales at Cebu airport.

Of course I didnt send it.

• Like 1

jojones
Posted
Posted

In my experience it will cost you 500 Pesos more and maybe half an hour waiting. Overstaying once actually saved me time as I got to skip the main queue. Last time I just didn't have an exit clearance and had to wait an extra half hour in line as many Koreans or Japanese were in the same line.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Remember guys...

WE DO NOT CONDONE ANY ACTIONS THAT BREAK THE LAWS OF THE PHILIPPINES ON THIS FORUM.

Regardless of how serious the criminal action is.

We cannot identify who comes on and reads this forum as Guest but many people do so on a daily basis.  And we also know that the government keeps an eye on what is said on all the various forums.  Let's be careful on what we say, ok?

• Like 1