Visa Extension Question

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Remember guys...

WE DO NOT CONDONE ANY ACTIONS THAT BREAK THE LAWS OF THE PHILIPPINES ON THIS FORUM.

Regardless of how serious the criminal action is.

We cannot identify who comes on and reads this forum as Guest but many people do so on a daily basis.  And we also know that the government keeps an eye on what is said on all the various forums.  Let's be careful on what we say, ok?

just a reminder, they are still looking/watching

. serious , we must be aware that 1.we are not in our home country and they maybe watching out posts

now back to his question.

have you been able to ask someone from th BI? or even some "travel agent" that does the passport processing?

yes it seems to be a pain or waste of $$. better to ask someone other than the forum for the BEST and most honest answer to your situation

chinese-cyber-police.jpg

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately I think I may already know the answer to my own question but just checking if someone more knowledgeable knows better.

Does anyone know if its possible to extend your tourist visa by an extra week or so?

The reason I ask is that after my next extension which will run to July 17, I have to take a short trip out of the country which i would be doing on around the 25th, seems like a total pain in the arse to pay everything for the extension and then have to leave anyway. Would overstaying be an option? Although Im really not keen on that option.

I believe that the shortest extension available is for one month. I saw someone that needed two days extension but had to get one month plus the ACR I card. Could you move your short trip up to the July 17 instead of the 25th? Another question is if you get a 2 month extension on July 17, will that be good until Sept 17 even if you leave on the short trip, maybe not needing the 38 day extension after the first 21 days when you return?

i am bob
Posted
Posted
even if you leave on the short trip

As soon as you leave the Philippines, your Travel Visa starts over again at 21 days when you come back in.

• 3 months later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted

Keep your visa extensions up to date, keep your friends close, and keep your enemies even closer.

For the past 5 years, there was a Brit (Brit 1) with a Filipina, living next door to my niece. Brit 1 invited his friend, Brit 2, to visit/stay with them. Brit 2 informed Bureau of Immigration that Brit 1 had not renewed his visa extensions for 5 years. Brit 1 was deported back to Brit. Now, Brit 2 is living with the wife of Brit 1, with his car, his house, his 2 girls, etc. I am sure that Brit 2 will renew his visa extensions on time.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

Keep your visa extensions up to date, keep your friends close, and keep your enemies even closer.

For the past 5 years, there was a Brit (Brit 1) with a Filipina, living next door to my niece. Brit 1 invited his friend, Brit 2, to visit/stay with them. Brit 2 informed Bureau of Immigration that Brit 1 had not renewed his visa extensions for 5 years. Brit 1 was deported back to Brit. Now, Brit 2 is living with the wife of Brit 1, with his car, his house, his 2 girls, etc. I am sure that Brit 2 will renew his visa extensions on time.

Sounds like Brit 1 would have done better to keep his enemy/friend on another land mass altogether. Just saying.

Edited by robert k