What Is Your Favorite Place To Visit In Philippines?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

What is your favorite location to visit a day or two? Do you know of a small rural town or nice beach hidden away in da Providences?  What place would you take visitors from the west to introduce or best understand and enjoy Philippines?

• Like 2

Audie
Posted
Posted

I love the island of Bohol. 2 yrs ago I stayed there for 3 mos. I traveled there alone but met up with pinoy relatives of friends here in the states. They were my constant companions and tour guides. I loved them all. They took me to many "hidden gems" on the island. I cannot remember most of the names, but if u described them, I'm sure locals could direct u to their location. One fav. was swimming in an underground bat cave near Tagbiliran City. Bats flying everywhere while swimming in the warm sea water. Bats were no bother.

Another fav was swimming in spring fed swimming pools in the mountains east of Garcia Hernandez. Very refreshing on the hot days.

Baclayon, east of Tag City is a gem. Very very old Catholic church to tour. Plus it has a wharf u can walk out on and see the beautiful, colorful little family fishing boats. I will return in 2014 for sure :D

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks Audie, Hinagdanan Cave Bohol looks very neat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinagdanan_Cave

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

our favorite place is Corregidor. just 1 hour by boat away from manila,

secluded.quite, clean, vary few tourists, at times me/my child have been 1 of the only overnight guest

or under 10 total.except at peak seasons,,

i would comment negative about the accommodations but since they do offer a unique experience

i overlook it very hard,,

trivia questions.?

what 2 major us movie stars have been to corregidor?

1 star even filmed a movie there? (late 1968-72?)

bonus, name the a marine who was there and later died  11/24/63

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I like Dumaguette.

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Palawan has beautiful beaches. So do other places in the Philipppines. The problem is to take guests to the best ones from Metro Manila requires a lot of logistics including arranging air travel. It's easier in Honolulu where excellent beaches is a short car ride. 

We use to enjoy taking guests to the Pahiyas Festival in Lukban, Quezon province. Certain town streets with be decorated with harvest produce like bananas and coconuts. As the religious procession went through the streets, the owners would distribute the food to spectators following behind the parish priest carrying the communion in an ornate chalice. It would be interesting to see it again and observe any changes.

• Like 1

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

trivia questions.?

what 2 major us movie stars have been to corregidor?

1 star even filmed a movie there? (late 1968-72?)

bonus, name the a marine who was there and later died  11/24/63

Gregory Peck & ?

• 6 months later...
threadstone
Posted
Posted

for me... it would be Boracay Island and Palaway.. I also like the Banaue Rice Terraces in Luzon.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

So far Boracay is the only place I have seen that i could recommend to anyone.  It is also my favorite beach  :tiphat:

dems
Posted
Posted

Cagayan de Oro well-known as "The CIty of Golden Friendship" is also an ideal place to visit in the Philippines.  People living in this city are called kagay-anons and the best thing about kagay-anons are the are friendly.  Enjoy Cagayan de Oro's whitewater rafting and river treking which is the country's premier whitewater destination or visit long sky bridge suspended 120ft from the ground at Makahambus Hill Cave and Gorge.  For adventurers, visit Jatico Adventures, Mapawa Nature Park and lots more.