Toyota Pampanga

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

I wonder what the typical cost is for cleaning injectors?  Not just pouring gasoline additive into the tank

but actually pulling each injectors out and doing a pressure cleaning and flow test.  As you may know,

gasoline or diesel from any gas station may not be free of contaminates and gas filters will probably

need to be changed more often?   

I still prefer old school two barrel carburetor system and distributor without all that computer stuff.  I would

love to go back to basic tools of the trade like timing light, vacuum and pressure gauge.  

Respectfully -- Jake

I forgot to mention that they returned the plugs and air filter to me.  Air filter was done.  It was probably the original.  Jake reminds me that I should check it often and clean it out because of the dirty conditions.  Plugs were in good shape without any major issues showing.  Jake, the computer is doing a good job, so you can be replaced!   :hystery:

Hey OMW,

You have seen them -- those little owner type jeeps locally assembled there with all those lights and fat wheels.  

Most of them have a 4 banger gas engine and no electronic power control modules.  I did my own maintenance

on my Jeep Wrangler because I didn't mind getting my hands greasy.  I did learn my lesson about water proofing

my starter and alternator (rubber coating) after getting stuck in mud and deep puddles.

This was our family workhorse: http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/13209-cheap-multicab/#entry73690.  By the way, do they have DIY (do it yourself)

pressure wash stations there?

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
 By the way, do they have DIY (do it yourself) pressure wash stations there?

I have not seen or heard of one.  Might be a good business if you could make it affordable, and you would have to treat the waste water.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

It is quite apparent that we have a bunch of members here with wisdom that speak from experiences.  

I also take the time to research (Google, YouTube) in trying to repair it myself or at least be informed

how not to get scam when taking your vehicle for service.  The link below is from Amazon displaying

a handheld OBD2 diagnostic tool.  

This suggestion only applies to a working check engine light system.  I would assume that a vehicle

with a surplus engine installed may not have all the connections and wiring harness intact from the

computer module to give you a valid check engine light.  Hell, it may even be disabled.....he, he.  

I'm glad I bought one many years ago.  My 1999 Dodge Stratus was stalling out with a check engine

light.  The alarm code directed me to a faulty camshaft sensor.  Got a $40 replacement and I was a

happy camper.  The old one had internal oil contamination due to a small crack on its housing.  The

computer was confused by not sensing the position of the camshaft (in relationship with main crank)

and shut the engine down.   

http://www.amazon.com/INNOVA-3100-OBDII-Code-Reader/dp/B000EVWDAK/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_8

A shoddy shade mechanic -- Jake

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Good call Jake! (I'm using my phone or i would have given you a BIG like.)

For those of you who have Hyundai or Kia vehicles, make sure your reader is made to handle these makes. For some reason or another, they don't like most generic readers and will give incomplete or even faulty code readings.

• Like 1