Cebu Lto Is Out Of Stickers?

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

On the 15th of May we had the registration on our car renewed. At least we thought we were going to do that.

After filling out the forms and then paying the cashier and getting the O.R. ( Official Receipt ) then waiting for the name to be called they took the O.R. and gave back a copy saying they are out of Stickers. The stickers that go on the license plates and the window. The clerk at the LTO office in Lapu Lapu said they would keep the original until the stickers arrive. We were to keep the certified copy with the car.

When I first heard about this I thought we were being scammed.

I called our attorney and she said she would make some calls to find out what is going on. In the meantime she suggested I call the District office in Cebu City and ask them. So I did. And guess what they said. They really are completely out of Stickers. About an hour later my attorney called back and said the same thing. No idea why or how but they really are out of Stickers.

Unbelievable

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

When I registered my vehicle last Aug I was able to get the license plate stickers but the windshield one took more then 3 months. I understand it's common.  

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Someone told it has something to do with the election  = Not want to* print new stickers, before the election. 

*Not want to spend money before know if will be elected again? 

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm ..... you mean there is a sticker that goes on the windshield??????????????? ....... when I got mine last year (Oct.) I was only given the two for the plates not for the windshield ..... and no mention of that one by the LTO ..... :th_unfair:

MikeB
Posted
Posted
you mean there is a sticker that goes on the windshield????

Yes, there is a registration sticker that goes on the passenger side front windshield but the more important ones are the plate stickers. A lot of people don't display the sticker because of tinting and keep it in the glove compartment. The conduction sticker on the rear window is for new cars to "conduct" them from the plant to dealership. 

Re: the "out of stock" stickers, this is from an article over 3 years ago:

"The recent crisis involving the shortage of LTO stickers and plates is almost a thing of the past. With supplies continuously coming in and being delivered daily to LTO district offices nationwide, the situation is expected to normalize very soon, Lomibao said."

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/metro/view/20100315-258921/LTO-Shortage-of-license-plates-stickers-almost-over

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike ...... I wonder what will happen if I don't have one ...... and I wonder why I wasn't given one ...... interesting ..... thanks     :cheersty:

jon1
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike ...... I wonder what will happen if I don't have one ...... and I wonder why I wasn't given one ...... interesting ..... thanks     :cheersty:

Mike S,

Just make sure that you have a copy of the Original Receipt for the registration renewal (with the stamp stating "No Sticker Available" on it). This happens all the time every year. Usually it is in the beginning of the year until about March or so. I just got my sticker for my March registration yesterday (it was unavailable until then).

Also, on new plates. It appears to me that they are not making new plates. I lost one of my plates last JUNE and still haven't been able to get a replacement. I have to carry a letter with me from the LTO authorIzing me to drive without a plate. I think that they are waiting for the new plate system to take effect rather than creating duplicate plates for the old system. The new system was to take effect in Oct/Nov, and got pushed back to June/July.

A friend of mine bought a new van from a Dealer in November and still hasn't got his plate. If you will notice, there are a LOT of vehicles on the road now with only dealer tags...

Jon

• Like 3

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted
Just make sure that you have a copy of the Original Receipt for the registration renewal (with the stamp stating "No Sticker Available" on it).

Our O.R. is completely unreadable. The printer must have been nearly out of ink. Rusco re copied the O.R. for us from the original and is trying to get the Lapu Lapu LTO to stamp that one. We should know about that in a few days.

We called the LTO main office in Quezon City. They said they would send the stickers down to the LTO office in Lapu Lapu for us. We have to go there every morning for the next 2 weeks to see if they have arrived. Looks like Rusco gets to earn that extra bit they charged us for the renewal.

2 weeks to go until we ship the So Sucky Mono Cab to Manila.

2Go Travel requires O.R. and C.R. in our name for transporting.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

I just renewed my reg. Yes, Bacolod LTO is also out of stickers too. My registration OR has that stamped on it. So far, no one has bothered me yet but then again, I only drive it late at night and a quick ride home.

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Ok. Recieved O.R. back from Rusco this afternoon. Not just 1 copy. 4 copies of the O.R. all on 1 piece of paper. 2 on one side that are readable with the NO STICKERS stamp. 2 on other side that are basically blank.

None of them have a signature by the cashier or anyone else.

Is this legal? What the heck do we do now? Anyone work at the LTO office? HELP!!!!

We are going to call the Distirct office here in Cebu again and find out if this is legal. Maybe even go to their office and show them the O.R.

Only 13 days left till the boat sails to manila.