Usa Today...smith Acquited

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Short news story. Good thing we can all move along from this ugly little mess.Justice at last.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Interesting that a story that made headline after headline with thousands of words ...... ends up with just one short paragraph ....... gee wonder what Nicole's poor attorney is going to do now that she can't make a name for herself and be in the papers and on TV all the time ....... she'll really be crying the blues now ....... it's funny that the first attorney (also a woman) in the case said she suspected Nicole of lying ........ I also heard Nicole is to be married this month in the US ....... Wonder if she met her new husband to be on the internet or in person ........ or maybe by being hailed from under the stairs as she passed by ..... who knows ...... I'm sure someone here has that information ...... hahahahahaha ...... :rolleyes: :D

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

It's in the Philippine Star also. I read it last night. The CA says they didn't even consider her retraction in their decision so aparently he was convicted on shoddy evidence in the first place. What it comes down to is he hurt her feelings and embarased her so she took revenge.

• Like 1

Mik
Posted
Posted

I don't see any "justice at last". The falsely accused had his life turned upside down for years and this may still have a negative effect on his reputation. And the false accuser gets to enjoy a good life in America. How is this justice? Isn't justice a balancing of the injured party by the other? At the very least, Nicole should have to apologize and pay a fine to Cpl. Smith as compensation.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Short news story. Good thing we can all move along from this ugly little mess.Justice at last.
While this is surely not justice as others have pointed out, it is vindication and we can only hope Nicole married a very rich Kano and that Smith sues Nicole in the US for pain and suffering and wins a big settlement. While that would make me feel sorry for the Kano in question, I hope it will make life for the poor girl who cried wolf miserable for at least a couple of years, so she too can suffer like Smith had to. Edited by Mr. Lee

TheMason
Posted
Posted
While this is surely not justice as others have pointed out, it is vindication and we can only hope Nicole married a very rich Kano and that Smith sues Nicole in the US for pain and suffering and wins a big settlement. While that would make me feel sorry for the Kano in question, I hope it will make life for the poor girl who cried wolf miserable for at least a couple of years, so she too can suffer like Smith had to.
I think its harsh to single out Nicole for this entire mess. I think Nicole told a lie to get revenge, and then the politicians and media got involved and it was too late for her to just drop the whole thing and let it go. There is plenty of blame to go around, including to Smith. Decent guys don't drop drunken women out of their van with her pants around her ankles when they're done with them. He didn't deserve the jail sentence he got, but I have a hard time seeing him as a sympathetic victim.As to reparations and lawsuits, Smith already paid Nicole compensatory damages. I think he'd have a tough time arguing now that he was the aggreived party.

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wow .... this story gets bigger and better each time it is told ....... now her pants were around her ankles ....... first it was they were on backward ......... hahahahaha ...... now I never did figure out how they got them on backward ....... hard enough getting them on a drunk person frontwards ....... hahahahaha ....... don't you dare ask me how I know

Edited by Mike S

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
While this is surely not justice as others have pointed out, it is vindication and we can only hope Nicole married a very rich Kano and that Smith sues Nicole in the US for pain and suffering and wins a big settlement. While that would make me feel sorry for the Kano in question, I hope it will make life for the poor girl who cried wolf miserable for at least a couple of years, so she too can suffer like Smith had to.
I don't know much about law but I doubt if suing Nicole would produce one cent,it would be her personally that would have to be sued not anyone she is with now. Waste of time.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Justice + Philippines = sarcasm.

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
I don't see any "justice at last". The falsely accused had his life turned upside down for years and this may still have a negative effect on his reputation. And the false accuser gets to enjoy a good life in America. How is this justice? Isn't justice a balancing of the injured party by the other? At the very least, Nicole should have to apologize and pay a fine to Cpl. Smith as compensation.
If she is in the US now he can bring a civil suit against her there.