2 Month Visa Extension Fast And Easy In Baguio

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I did my first 2 month visa extension in Baguio. I was in and out in about 30 minutes. Quick and efficient for 2830 pesos plus 5 pesos to make a copy of my passport.

I did notice several people walk in with dozens of passports each, I expect they were batch processing student visas. Baguio has tens of thousands of foreign students, mostly from South Korea.

Note that the office is not where it is shown on Google Maps. It is on a narrow side street off of Military Cutoff Rd. A taxi can get you there, just ask for the Bureau of Immigration office. It was close enough for a short walk back to SM Mall.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Seems the BI offices have lifted their game over the past year or so. I can recall complaints of slow service but now mostly read of a quick easy experience.  :AddEmoticons04230:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I agree Tom ...... oh sh*t ..... does that make me a ball-less arse kisser .... :mocking:  ..... but then I only have to go to the BI once a year now so I guess I'm not the best source of information on the topic .... but it seems sense they implimented the new card reader machines some 4-5 years ago things have gone a lot smoother .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I go to Mandaue BI and the shortest time was 25 mins and the longest 1HR so not too bad now. Only problem is it is full of foreigners damn tourists.

• Like 3

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

As i recently mentioned, i really liked the service from the Makati office which was a much less painful process than Intramuros, i didnt even have to make a passport copy. Didnt want to pick up the same day but i remember they said I could pop back in, in a hour or so!

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

As i recently mentioned, i really liked the service from the Makati office which was a much less painful process than Intramuros, i didnt even have to make a passport copy. Didnt want to pick up the same day but i remember they said I could pop back in, in a hour or so!

Hey Chris, where exactly is that office in Makati?  Comparing traffic in Intramuros, I would rather tolerate 

the traffic jams in Makati.  Besides that, TGIF is nearby or perhaps I could drop in on your bar-restaurant

for a couple cold ones.....he, he.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Only problem is it is full of foreigners damn tourists.

I love it ..... :th_thbestpost:  ...... :thumbsup: :hystery: :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Jake, it's on the corner of Gil Puyet (buendia) & Paseo de Roxas, a couple of minutes from buendia mrt next to a fitness first and a fast food joint.... I believe it's inside the board of investments building, very handy for me since I'm now doing done work in Ayala..... Have sold my bar a couple of months ago but always happy to meet up for a drink whenever the chance comes along!!!

• Like 2

jon1
Posted
Posted

The Olongapo BI branch has their stuff together too. I usually am in and out in under 15 minutes. I bring a copy of my passport bio page, visa page, exact change and my only wait is just the line (I go mid-morning, not at the beginning of the month and usually mid-week). If I think about it, I get an additional BI form for my next extension and fill it out at home prior to my return.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

The Olongapo BI branch has their stuff together too. I usually am in and out in under 15 minutes. I bring a copy of my passport bio page, visa page, exact change and my only wait is just the line (I go mid-morning, not at the beginning of the month and usually mid-week). If I think about it, I get an additional BI form for my next extension and fill it out at home prior to my return.

Jon, have you been to the new office yet?  They were moving the week after I got my last extension.

• Like 1