Where's The Wet Season?

ozepete
Posted
Posted

How ya going there Bundy, are you still farming up north in Oz or are you in Cebu full time these days? 

G'day Pete, how the hell are ya mate?

We're fine and now living here fulltime.I pulled the pin just before the last round of floods at Bundy so it sorta worked out real good hahaha. You sold that bloody big house of yours yet mate?

Still vertical and got a pulse Bundy so no complaints. Good you avoided the last wet up north and in Cebu now and we hear its started raining there now too. Still got the house and sort of trying to sell it. Hope to be in Cebu again soon and will try to catch up. (See the blues won the footy tonight... you blokes are slippin'!!!

Mike from BDA
Posted
Posted

Interesting hearing about the rain patterns in other regions.  Here in Ilocos Norte the rainy season has started as well but strangely so far it only rains in the afternoons.  Each morning the sun is out shining brightly....and then around 4pm the skies get dark...thunder rumbles terribly and then the heavens just open.  It will rain for a few hours and then stop.  

I hear though from the locals that in the next week or two that the rains will come all day and continue non-stop for days!!!

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
I hear though from the locals that in the next week or two that the rains will come all day and continue non-stop for days!!!

The arrival of torrential rains signals the start of the monsoon season. After the first flooding of their paddies, the farmers know it is time to plant rice.

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

The amount of rainfall varies a lots from island to island and from area to area. Here's a good website which has charts that show the average rainfall each month. Just click on "Back to cities page" which is above the chart to check the rainfall in your area.

http://www.levoyageur.net/weather-city-BARILI-CEBU.html

• Like 3