Jumping Off The Cliff-Making The Move, Haha

jeff16406
Posted
Posted

Hi Jeff Welcome to the forum,,,,,Dont forget you will need an onward ticket before you come.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and easing my mind. I am so looking forward to August!!!!!!

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hi Jeff Welcome to the forum,,,,,Dont forget you will need an onward ticket before you come.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and easing my mind. I am so looking forward to August!!!!!!

Yeah, I hear ya Jeff.  We call that channel fever in the US Navy when you can't eat, can't sleep

and can't think because you're getting closer to your final destination.  In many ways, we envy

you for undertaking an adventure of your lifetime.  

So grab some coffee or beer and start doing your homework studying your fellow expats who

trail blazed a path before you.  We all love to take that journey again with you.  So fire away

with your questions and comments, OK?

Respectfully -- Jake 

• Like 3

jeff16406
Posted
Posted

Yeah, I hear ya Jeff.  We call that channel fever in the US Navy when you can't eat, can't sleep

and can't think because you're getting closer to your final destination.  In many ways, we envy

So grab some coffee or beer and start doing your homework studying your fellow expats who

trail blazed a path before you.  We all love to take that journey again with you.  So fire away

Respectfully -- Jake

Thanks Jake. Ya actually I was in the Navy but never went to the PI the whole time I was in. I'm sure I will have many questions in the future. I remember that not all Bank ATM's work with my debit card. I need to keep track this time to make sure I know which banks work. I could have kept working for another 10 years but why? I have my pension after working with the state for 21 years and eligible for retirement at 50 with 20 years. I don't expect to live like a king, just to be happy.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Respectfully -- Jake

Thanks Jake. Ya actually I was in the Navy but never went to the PI the whole time I was in. I'm sure I will have many questions in the future. I remember that not all Bank ATM's work with my debit card. I need to keep track this time to make sure I know which banks work. I could have kept working for another 10 years but why? I have my pension after working with the state for 21 years and eligible for retirement at 50 with 20 years. I don't expect to live like a king, just to be happy.

Congrats Jeff!

I'd say that, by the sounds of it, you are going to be a very successful expat in the Philippines.  Just keep what you are doing and everything should be just fine for you!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Don,t forget your parachute

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Good luck Jeff, not sure I have the guts yet to do the same thing. As basically a FIFO paramedic, I get to have one foot in the Islands and one foot in Australia. But good luck, you should love it :)...make sure you keep your wallet in your front pockets...hehe.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Savsko
Posted
Posted

Hi Jeff, I'm in the same boat. I'll be jetting in to Cebu on 12th December. Luckily I have a terrific partner who will be doing a lot of the ground work as she will be in the PI from early October and sourcing somewhere to stay in the short term. We'll go scouting together for a more permanent place.

i wish you all the luck in the world and would be happy to meet up with you should our paths cross dow the road. This site is great and the members know most of the tricks and pitfalls. Ciao, Savsko.

• Like 2