Buying Gold In Pi

chop
Posted
Posted

Anyone know of a very reputable dealer who sells bulion or mainstream coins?

Not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post it on.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

There are several numismatic groups that meet on a regular basis. The members know the reputable coin dealers. Avoid those who advertise. Their commissions are more than 4% on both the buy and sell side. The smaller reputable dealers will charge 2% to 3% for their regular customers. 

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Buying Gold =  Buying Trouble

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Bangko Sentral Ng Pilipinas use to sell commemorative gold and silver coins. My recollection is the premiums over bullion prices were reasonable. If you intend is to sell the gold coins at a later date in the Philippines, the local numismatic collectors and coin dealers recognize these coins as legitimate. Keep them in their original packaging. 

When buying Canadian Gold Maple, make sure it is .999 and not .99 purity. There is really very difference, but dealers give you a much lower price for .99 purity. The South African Krugerrand is universally accepted, but they have a lower acceptance in the United States dating from the apartheid period. If you buy and sell in the United States, stick to American Gold Eagles.  

• Like 3

ozepete
Posted
Posted

Phils shares have been the winner over the past 5 to 10 years. Growing 300% in the past 5 years while the so-called smart countries are all going pear shaped...

post-3159-0-69430000-1373437512_thumb.jp

• Like 1

chop
Posted
Posted

The Bangko Sentral Ng Pilipinas use to sell commemorative gold and silver coins. My recollection is the premiums over bullion prices were reasonable. If you intend is to sell the gold coins at a later date in the Philippines, the local numismatic collectors and coin dealers recognize these coins as legitimate. Keep them in their original packaging. 

When buying Canadian Gold Maple, make sure it is .999 and not .99 purity. There is really very difference, but dealers give you a much lower price for .99 purity. The South African Krugerrand is universally accepted, but they have a lower acceptance in the United States dating from the apartheid period. If you buy and sell in the United States, stick to American Gold Eagles.  

Thanks, lot's of great info

. Do you know where I could connect with the numismatic collectors to find out about the coin dealers?

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
. Do you know where I could connect with the numismatic collectors to find out about the coin dealers?

I use to belong to one of the numismatic clubs and actively participated in their regular coin auctions. That's a long time ago and unfortunately, I have lost touch. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
spyke69
Posted
Posted

if you visit compostela valley you can buy it cheap from the people who dig it up :D

brock
Posted
Posted

A foreigner who was dealing in gold was murdered a couple of months ago..

Some people go looking for trouble and then moan when they get it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
karnast
Posted
Posted

if you visit compostela valley you can buy it cheap from the people who dig it up :D

As an American looking into RP it seems some of the best stuff and prettiest women are in Mindanao. I know several members live in Mindanao and do not see problems, but I am still a little aprehensive.

If you buy and sell in the United States, stick to American Gold Eagles.

Thanks JJR

• Like 1