Staying In The Philippines 18 Months.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Normally you can extend your stay for up to 18 months without any issues.

16 months.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=207&Itemid=37

Oops! A slip of the finger... I stand corrected! Thanks Mike!

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

If you have a girl in mind before you get to the RP you might not have to leave after 16 months :)

I am not trying to rush anything... but the possibility does exist ha ha.    Been good for 5 months.  Let's see how it goes the next 7.  We have a 1 year lease on the house and I think that is a good trial period.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

ah the confusion...  hehe!

Coming to stay in the Philippines is really quite simple though we all have a tendency to make it harder.  

To enter the country, you need a ticket that shows you can leave again.  Doesn't matter where or how - just that the Philippines won't have to pay for getting rid of you.  Of course, it will be an administrative nightmare to ensure you always have a ticket out so they only have it checked on the way into the country.

Normally you can extend your stay for up to 18 months without any issues.  There are set times that you need to come back in to do a bunch of paperwork and make payments to extend that Visa but they do make it very easy to do so.  And, if you know where to look (oh, look, a bunch of downloads from the friendly people at BI : http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=117), you will find checklists and other information you can use while going for your extensions.  And, if you come in on the new "Long-Stay Visa" that is good for 6 months (http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2007&Itemid=78), life is again so much easier.  I wonder if we can get 6 month extensions with this one?  hehe!

Of course, things will change just as you think you have the ideal answer.  The best way to get around this is to (1) keep reading this forum for all the new changes as we learn about them; and (2) keep an eye on the BI site for the changes as well.  Funny how we seem to have the news before the publish it on their own site, isn't it?

Hi Bob you have to apply to Manila after 16 months for extra time here. I say this because this is what I have had to do recently.I always thought it was 18 months. anyway who in their right mind wants to stay here longer than 16 months huh

Markham
Posted
Posted
anyway who in their right mind wants to stay here longer than 16 months huh

You, by the sounds of it!

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

anyway who in their right mind wants to stay here longer than 16 months huh

You, by the sounds of it!

I was told I had to stay here by she who must be obeyed. Actually mate I don`t want to leave but will have to early next year for a few days but I won`t be going back to the UK.I will stay in sea maybe visit my friends in Thailand.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Has anyone tried the exit/entrance by sailboat yet? I was wondering how the experience was...

• Like 1