Ibilik Booking Engine

Genius
Posted
Posted

Airbnb is quite professional looking, I was looking for something I could book and pay for in advance, for a week not months but the prices are no cheaper really than booking a discounted hotel room using a commercial site like Asiatravel. I guess the providers argue you get more but If I can get a nice room with breakfast for 3000peso a night with room service, I m not going to pay a stranger 3000 peso plus electric and a 10000 peso room deposit.

That's me personally, But I think the advertisers seem to think their small studios on airbnb deserve a premium to a hotel, whereas I believe the opposite.

Ah we'll.

• Like 1

Genius
Posted
Posted

update

Airbnb - I spent sometime looking through both totally overpriced and restrictions heavy rentals with high deposit requirements and the vagaries of consumables which get charged after at who knows what rate, (electric) and got it narrowed down to three apartments which didn't have too many restrictions (cash upfront on arrival, no paypal or credit card facility, 2 sets of passports emailed in advance and kitchens which had no cooking in an apartment with a kitchen!), then found out they were all booked for my dates.

I gave up at this point. Too many people trying to rent out so so apartments at 4 star rates for my liking, too many people thinking they are doing you a favour to rent to you. The ones with reasonable conditions and facilities and price seemed to be heavily booked. So, definitely demand out there for the right offering.

Fell back on asiatravel.

Always found them reliable and reasonable rates. I like the prepayment system, so I don't need to pay large amounts of cash on arrival or use my card in small establishments. Had a bad experience with that once.

So booked artina suites for 2000 peso per night including breakfast and all fees for what seems like a mini apartment from from the pictures. I d say lower class part of town, back street, with attractive looking rooms. Reviews as usual seem split between people who like it, love it or hate it, detest it. I guess at that price point people's expectations differ widely.

I do not have high expectations for 2000 peso a night but still hope it is as no e as the pictures make out.

Has anyone stayed their?

If so, how was it?

I went for the standard deluxe room.

Cheers

• Like 1