Asiana Air Pilots Named! Sum Ting Wong And Wi Tu Lo (Yes Really See Article)

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

This was the best prank in a long time & on a deserving news station to boot...I'm still laughing about it.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

This was the best prank in a long time & on a deserving news station to boot...I'm still laughing about it.

You have a very good point! Remember that radio prank where the pregnant Royal went to the hospital and a radio station 'down under' called in and pretended to be the Queen and asked for an update and the nurse who got the call did not realize it was a prank and gave out some information.

She ended up killing herself over it and the radio station employees got in a lot of trouble ( :th_unfair: ) and it is still dragging on and the nurses family is blaming the radio station and demanding a pay off. I do not see it myself. They had no control over an unstable nurse.

But in that same light and using the Asian principle of 'saving face', can you imagine the 4 pilots arguing about who was who with those names and can a suicide be far behind? Bad enough 'they' crashed the plane and as a result 3 Chinese girls are dead (updated) and many people are paralyzed.... and NOW the western median has identified the pilots as 'Sum Ting Wong and Wi Tu Lo' and a couple more names.   

Of course this is South Korea we are talking about. If it had of been North Korea... well the pilots would be dead already and their entire home villages forced to pay for the loss of the plane. :bash:  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted (edited)

... and in response the Koreans have named the American pilots in the Southwest Airlines landing gear incident from the other day:

It looks like a Korean news agency is having some fun at KTVU’s expense. After the landing gear failure of the Southwest flight at LGA they showed this graphic with American pilot names “Captain Kent Parker Wright”, “Co-Captain Wyatt Wooden Workman”.

They even went as far as making up fake names for people to interview. Flight instructor “Heywood U. Flye-Moore” and skeptical passenger “Macy Lawyers”.  

http://slothed.com/2013/07/23/korean-news-station-pokes-fun-at-ktvu-with-fake-american-pilot-names-after-southwest-airlines-landing-gear-failure/

I cannot tell if the original story was on a Korean "Onion" style site or if it is real.  But it is funny anyway  :tiphat:

Edited by Tuka Ram
  • Like 2